Original Stash: May 3rd Is The 6th Anniversary!

Redwing_dave

Got my order in but it was not a pleasant experiance. Everytime I clicked to "continue" it would tell me my cart was empty. When I would back arrow it kept telling me I needed to log in. But my pesistents was rewarded. ;)

I have tried for the last hour to get PayPal to verify my card info so I can order a couple of these coins and they keep telling me it's wrong.....IT'S NOT! Any hints as to what to do? Anybody??

Got my order in but it was not a pleasant experiance. Everytime I clicked to "continue" it would tell me my cart was empty. When I would back arrow it kept telling me I needed to log in. But my pesistents was rewarded. ;)

I have tried for the last hour to get PayPal to verify my card info so I can order a couple of these coins and they keep telling me it's wrong.....IT'S NOT! Any hints as to what to do? Anybody??

It took me about six tries to get it to take, including a 30 minute break between the fourth and fifth try. Instead of hitting the back arrows, just shut the session down, open a new window and try it fresh each time. Maybe I was just lucky, but that seemed to be the trick anyway.

I got a notice via email that my order shipped on 5/2 :)

Me too. Excited !

Nothing here either. Strange.

Happy Original Stash Day!! If I'm not mistaken, Team 360 is on site today doing some maintenanence :P

I just spoke with the folks handling the packaging and shipping of the Original Stash coins and pins. They are filling orders at this very moment. Some orders have already gone out, but with an issue of this size, every coin isn't going to be shipped at the exact same time. They are prepping a large shipment for this afternoon. If you haven't received a notice yet, you should receive it before long. Thanks to everyone that purchased the coins. I will get my first peak at the finished product this afternoon, but I have it on good word that they turned out AWESOME! :)

DING DONG!! (doorbell downstairs just rang)

Who was it? Why, it's the USPS Priority Mail girl, delivering my Plaque coins!

My camera is out on loan right now, but I have to tell you, THESE COINS ARE HOT!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!

(anyone who is reading this and was an original contributor to the Plaque effort in Portland needs to get in touch with me, if I don't track you down first...I have your very own personalized Plaque coin waiting to ship out to you)

Got mine today and they look great!

But now that I look at it, I wonder why the creators didn't use a picture of the GPSr that was used to find that first stash rather than a more modern eTrex? Or was that what was used?

No one knows what type of GPS was used for finding the Original Stash, so we decided to use the

'work horse' of the geocaching world, the Yellow Etrex, which most of us had at one time or another... <_<

I definately missed out on this. My son was home on leave and I introduced him to geocaching. He's back in Texas caching up a storm before he heads for Korea. He called me only 3 days ago to send me to GCGVOP, he was so excited. I finally get back into the forums and see this geocoin! Long story short....anyone purchase 1 or 2 extra that they'd be willing to sell?

I noticed more of them are showing up on Ebay now...search for "Original Stash" and they will come up...

Someone can tell the oil companies we can afford futher price hikes in gasoline, since we still got too much expendable $ :rolleyes:

Any plans for a second minting?

My coin came in the mail right after I posted my previous message.

I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with scratches in the paint of their coin. The ones on mine are pretty noticable, and right next to the gc.com logo.

No problems. I will take care of it personally. Just let me know when and where you want to meet up, and I will exchange it for you with one of mine. From what you've told me in a PM, it sounds like a post-production mishap, not a manufacturing flaw. No worries. :laughing:

Original Stash Geocoin & Pin with Wyoming Geocoin for size comparison.

d9976d77-0cb5-4456-9cde-f73bac7c0bc2.jpg

I got an e-mail notice from TheCachingPlace on Friday (5/5) so I expected a delivery of today, and I was right! Very minor blemishes (2-3 dust particles) on one, but otherwise excellent. The pins are perfect. :)