Micro Cache Advise

Someone posted this in my new micro cache:

"I can not say this is my favorite cache in the world but I can say that I found it. There was not a log book to prove I found it but I did. Needless to say it was an interesting cache. I searched until I was ready to DNF it and then found it. I would not rate it over a 3-3.5 for terrain and 2-2.5 for difficulty. Thanks for the cache."

Do others who place microcaches put a log book in it?

This is too small for a log book... barely enough room for the message in the bottle.

Any advise. I want to play nice and have fun. Thought this comment was -- well off for the kind of cache it was. Prrof? We need proof we go to the cache? The fact that someone got the riddle solved at the cahe should be proof enough. This isn't a world competition anyway... if someone wants to cheat well - whatever.

Anyway, I'd like some thoughts on this. I'm new. :ph34r:

From the guidelines all cache owners "agree" to by checking the boxes at the bottom of the cache submission page:

Traditional Caches

This is the original cache type consisting of (at a bare minimum) a container and a logbook. The cache may be filled with objects for trade. Normally you'll find a Tupperware-style container, ammo box, or bucket filled with goodies, or smaller container ("microcache") too small to contain items except for a logbook. The coordinates listed on the traditional cache page are the exact location of the cache. A container with just an object or codeword for verification, and no logbook, generally, does not qualify as a traditional cache.

You gotta put a log in the cache. As you find more caches, you will be better able to rate the difficulties and have a sense of what's expected in your region. You can always go back and change the difficulty rating on your cache page if experience leads you to think you should. Seekers will offer you lots of worthwhile guidance with log notes such as the one you got.

StarPuller,

As the others have already pointed out, a logbook (or logsheet) is a required component of a cache. I notice your Reviewer Note on the page, however your reviewer will not see that note unless he or she has the cache on their watchlist.

If you desire to change the cache to a multi, you will need to submit a new listing so it can be reviewed again. If you have any questions, contact the reviewer who is listed at the bottom of the page, in this case RattlingCrew. I have sent them an email letting them know of this thread, however you may want to email them yourself as well.

Edited by Quiggle

If it's too small for a log make it a two part multi with just the co-ords to the logbook cache in part one

I agree. Some of my micros are so small they cannot hold a log. One of them is just a brass strip with 8 numbers on it for the final stage. So I put out a full size final with the log and trade items. Does 3 things: 1. Provides a very difficult small initial "cache" with no limitations on size or logs. 2. Provides a final with a log to be legal and meet the GC.com requirements. 3. Gives the cacher a reward for finding the tough micro by providing nice trade items in a large ammo can. This also allows you to use "virtual" initials such as a monument or marker with a date that can be used to compute the final coordinates.

I try to make the final fairly easy and nearby because the real objective is to find / solve the initial cache.

BTW Just a comment; You can have logs that are very small. I have some that are 1/4" strips rolled up very tightly. But you MUST use water tight containers OR place them so they won't get wet.