Visiting Mid-may From The Usa

geospyder

We are going to be making a short visit to Australia next month. We’ll be spending three days in Sydney and eleven days in Cairns. We are very casual people and will not be dressing for fancy dinners, shows, etc. Based on what we've read about the weather in Cairns for mid-May we can get by with shorts, t-shirts and sandals. What about Sydney? What would be very casual dress for Sydney mid-May? Would we need coats or could we get by with a light wind-breaker jacket?

Interesting the way the title turned out. I know I had typed mid-May and USA. Looks like some sort of editor changed the capital letters - hmmm ;)

Edited by geospyder

We are going to be making a short visit to Australia next month. We’ll be spending three days in Sydney and eleven days in Cairns. We are very casual people and will not be dressing for fancy dinners, shows, etc. Based on what we've read about the weather in Cairns for mid-May we can get by with shorts, t-shirts and sandals. What about Sydney? What would be very casual dress for Sydney mid-May? Would we need coats or could we get by with a light wind-breaker jacket?

Interesting the way the title turned out. I know I had typed mid-May and USA. Looks like some sort of editor changed the capital letters - hmmm :ph34r:

Cairns- you're quite right. shorts and t-shirts are always appropriate!

Sydney- you'd be unlucky if the minimum temperature fell below about 10C, with daytime temps averaging around 20C. Generally fine, but the weather's as screwed up in Sydney at the moment as it is everywhere else...

(I'll leave the conversion from Celsius as an exercise in acclimatisation!)

We arrive Cairns Wednesday, May 17. We'll be staying at the Worldmark Resort in Cairns for eleven days. We'll have a car and will be venturing out. With so much to do in the area I'm not sure how much caching we'll be doing. I'm with my wife and another couple so while caching would be my priority, it is not theirs :anicute: In Sydney there are 34 caches within a five kilometer radius of our hotel. There is even one within a block of the hotel so I know I'm going to get at least one :yikes: The closest regular cache to the hotel is Williams Park Cache (GCPP9X). I have to snag that one because I'm bringing over a couple TBs and a geocoin to drop off.

The closest regular cache to the hotel is Williams Park Cache (GCPP9X)

<p>

There are two others really close by aswell. Jekyll and ???? (GCMKQ2) and Tolkien Tree (GCQ7R8), you could do all 3 in about 15 minutes.

If you would like a map with caches email teambooya@gmail.com and we can send one through for you.

And, the weather in Sydney has started to turn cold, i would suggest bringing a decent waterproof jacket along and some long pants. But, it is different each week, you may be lucky.