Advertising The History Museum Group!

By "theme", do you mean the type of history museum (like natural, ancient, cultural, local .. etc)?

How about a variable which somehow describes the relative size of the museum?

Yes...sorry...MikeGolfJ3 and I were working through IM, and I didn't carry the definition of "theme" through to the forum. I'm not sure if the "theme" ought to be a text box or a dropdown box...the danger is that we might not be clever enough to think of all the good types of history museums....

By "theme", do you mean the type of history museum (like natural, ancient, cultural, local .. etc)?

Yes...sorry...MikeGolfJ3 and I were working through IM, and I didn't carry the definition of "theme" through to the forum. I'm not sure if the "theme" ought to be a text box or a dropdown box...the danger is that we might not be clever enough to think of all the good types of history museums....

Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages. The approach I took on another category was to use a list and include everything I could think of, with "other" being the final choice. It's real easy to add more items to a pull down list later on (even after the category is approved).

But I would definately think about adding some kind of a 'size' variable, as I mentioned above. I would think people would want to know if they should plan on spending an hour or a day if they decide to visit the museum.

Just a thought.

Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages. The approach I took on another category was to use a list and include everything I could think of, with "other" being the final choice. It's real easy to add more items to a pull down list later on (even after the category is approved).

But I would definately think about adding some kind of a 'size' variable, as I mentioned above. I would think people would want to know if they should plan on spending an hour or a day if they decide to visit the museum.

Just a thought.

Thanks...didn't think about "other"...that's a great way to solve the problem, and let posters help develop a more complete list.

I didn't know we could edit after the database was started.

Good idea about size...that will help folks plan their visit.

i added a note for the theme, but didn't think about size. i'll have to go back and add that one. Any others?

i am novice so, i'll take all the advice i can get :anibad: Should i cancel the officer vote?

I wouldn't cancel the vote, if the variables can be added / edited later...no sense in slowing the process down.

i added a note for the theme, but didn't think about size. i'll have to go back and add that one. Any others?

i am novice so, i'll take all the advice i can get :anibad: Should i cancel the officer vote?

I wouldn't cancel the vote just because of a variable, you can easily add it later on.

What I think you might want to think about is whether or not you think we can pass Peer Review with no written requirements for creating or visiting waymarks. It seems to me that most of the newer categories have such requirements.

Don't go by just what I say, however. My experience is limited to the creation of only one category so far. Hopefully some others will weigh in on this question - it seems to me like a pretty important one.

Remember though, it's much easier to re-do an officer's vote than it is to re-do a Peer Review. We should work hard to make sure we have a proposal which is likely to pass.

I think you made a good call. I'm familiar with that feeling of wanting to get the category out there as quickly as possible, but we definitely want to go into Peer Review with our best effort.

Trust me - since you don't get any feedback while the proposal is in Peer Review (other than from people who post comments in the forum), those 3 review days have some anxiety built into them. I wouldn't want to have to go through that more than once for each category. -_-

I think I might start a general discussion topic to see what people (think "Peers") are thinking these days in terms of whether or not requirements for creating and visiting waymarks are a good idea.