The Obsessed Geocoin Collection

The Obsessed

Sorry, but I cannot stop laughing about this one. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

OK, can we now declare that we have seen it all now? Perhaps someone would like to come forward and declare that they are selling coins for $20 each to finance their crack habit or are saving up for a boob job?

I have never though about selling my coins until now.

For only $50 you can have your very own gold and silver AJAYHAWKFAN coin (plus $15 for S & H)!! All proceeds will go toward either saving the planet or my pocket (I'll decide later but you will be happy with my choice, trust me.).

I have never though about selling my coins until now.

For only $50 you can have your very own gold and silver AJAYHAWKFAN coin (plus $15 for S & H)!! All proceeds will go toward either saving the planet or my pocket (I'll decide later but you will be happy with my choice, trust me.).

Are you nuts? That shipping cost is OUTRAGEOUS! What are you trying to get away with here?

If you lower your shipping to $13, I would consider buying. :ph34r:

Only 30 sets of the "gold" edition are being offered for sale (of only 50 made) and no more will be minted. This 2006 set of 4 "gold" coins (with activation codes) are only $80 (plus shipping). These coins will not be available individually.

-----------

Only 25 sets (maximum potential of 50 sets) of the "silver" edition are being offered for sale. This 2006 set of 4 "silver" coins (with activation codes) are only $60 (plus shipping). Some individual coins may be available from the cachers themselves at a later date.

------------

200 sets (maximum potential of 250 sets) of the "antique bronze" edition are being offered for sale. This 2006 set of 4 "bronze" coins (with activation codes) are only $40 (plus shipping). Individual coins may be available from the cachers themselves at a later date.

The prices go down....... :ph34r:

People will complain that the price is too high and people will complain when someone buys something that "they" feel was too much. I guess it boils down to..... people love to complain. :ph34r:

And it seems, just as much as people like to complain, you like to come in and tell them that they shouldn't be complaining, how silly it is, etc... Can't we just let people speak their mind?

And as to Atlanta Gal's 30 post, that would be 1 down 29 to go...

Edited-my question was answered, so the question was removed. (multiple metals)

Edited by Hula Bum

The only coin that I really like is by ventura_kids

Woohoo! Thanks! I knew mine was the best! :ph34r:

Well, if you have any that you'd like to trade for down the road, let me know. I have a few personals ( non-trackable ) that I can trade for as well as others that I have traded.

Let me know, thanks.

I took the bait on the bronze. I really wanted 3/4 for $30 + shipping, since I haven't met ventura_kids yet (would have paid for his and the additional $10 "upon delivery" :ph34r: )

I see humor in all this. Since The Obsessed was not satisfied in having more find counts than everyone, they decided to trump everyone on the price of their Geocoins. FYI: anyone want to take credit for the Geocoin "7 dollar rule?" :ph34r:

Edited by budd-rdc

As a moderator in these coin forums I'm demanding 10% of the profits for my efforts to keep this thread civilized.

If it is not delivered by 4/15 I will rain down upon thee with a flurry of sauce - the likes of which you have never seen before. This will be followed up with an increase in the number of pirates that populate the Earth.

Good luck on your sale.

I see humor in all this. Since The Obsessed was not satisfied in having more find counts than everyone, they decided to trump everyone on the price of their Geocoins.

Actually, that is a bit funny.

edit: typo

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

| Only 30 sets of the "gold" edition are being offered for sale (of only 50 made) and no more will be minted. This 2006 set of 4 "gold" coins (with activation codes) are only $80 (plus shipping). These coins will not be available individually.

| Only 25 sets (maximum potential of 50 sets) of the "silver" edition are being offered for sale. This 2006 set of 4 "silver" coins (with activation codes) are only $60 (plus shipping). Some individual coins may be available from the cachers themselves at a later date.

| 200 sets (maximum potential of 250 sets) of the "antique bronze" edition are being offered for sale. This 2006 set of 4 "bronze" coins (with activation codes) are only $40 (plus shipping). Individual coins may be available from the cachers themselves at a later date.

April Fools day has past... :anibad:

I just got mine today, and I'm 400 miles further than Marky. :laughing:

They all look great!

I'm impressed with the designs.

Of course, mine are the best (Ventura Kids).

The bronze sets are $40 for the set of 4.

The coins are ready to ship. No worries about pre-paying and waiting for them to be minted.

The sets are being offered by the 4 of us and are being sold off of our website at http://www.kabongo.com/obsessed/.

Once we have finished selling the sets as a group, some of us may be interested in trading our individual coins. However, it is unlikely that all of us would be doing so (some members of the group have stated that they are not interested in trading). So, my recommendation if you really want a set would be to buy one from the current offering.

sorry... Actually I will NOT be trading the ones I have left over. :anitongue: I'll donate a few to raffle off at an event. :grin: Most of my left overs will be dropped into caches ;) (some local and some out-of-state). Some will be given to cachers I run into on the trails :P . You may be able to trade for them after that (find someone who picks them up). Best wishes...

sorry... Actually I will NOT be trading the ones I have left over. :anitongue: I'll donate a few to raffle off at an event. :grin: Most of my left overs will be dropped into caches ;) (some local and some out-of-state). Some will be given to cachers I run into on the trails :P . You may be able to trade for them after that (find someone who picks them up). Best wishes...

Hmmm, that's too bad. I don't mind paying $10 for a coin that I really want, such as yours. But to pay $40 for four coins, three of which, while nice, aren't on my "gotta have" list ... well, that won't work for me.

Thanks anyway.

Shipments are already going out. :mad:

No waiting for minting or batching of orders. :mad:

The Gold and Silver sets are running low.

If you plan on purchasing either of those metals, then don't wait.

Order them now.

The Bronze sets are $40 plus shipping for the set of 4 coins.

The Obsessed Geocoin Collection

Update -

Gold ones are sold out.

Only one set of Silver remains for sale.

The Bronze ones are still available.

These coins were cheap to make, and all of them share the same reverse side, which makes them even cheaper (to produce...not to sell, obviously)...the colors are flashy and garish...I might buy one of them at $6 apiece...probably not...I saw a mention of the purveyors of these coins spamming a local org forum, and noticed that they did the same thing for the NYGO forum...poor form.

Jamie - NFA

Um.... so you don't want anyone to post anything about Geocoins in the forum section "Geocoins"? :lol:

OK... but that seems a bit harsh. :lol:

Please list the approved places I should list my Geocoin "for sale". :)

I believe what he was referring to was the fact that you posted the sale of these coins on many other forums/boards that you don't frequent and it was viewed as "spam". While it didn't violate any terms of use of these boards, it may have on those boards (depending on thier rules), or may have just made some folks angry to have somebody jump on thier boards strictly to promote a sale.

Not saying it's right or wrong, or taking sides - just helping to clarify.