Geocachers On Arabian Peninsula

jerrytcher

Hi!

I'm in southern California and I have a TB in a race with our local caching group. My original TB has vanished, but I'd like to reissue it to stay in the race. I know I have no chance of winning for most miles and most caches, but there is a category for logging TB into farthest cache from here. I'd like to mail my re-issued TB to you (actually, it'd have to be my son mailing it since he is not in the race) in July when they visit here. I'd like it placed in any cache in that part of the world. I don't care if it ever moves from there, but if you want to mail it back after it is logged (for more milage), I'll pay that postage also.

Thanks!

Jerry

<_< Ooer this would appear to be just a little bit like cheating.

Hi!

I'm in southern California and I have a TB in a race with our local caching group. My original TB has vanished, but I'd like to reissue it to stay in the race. I know I have no chance of winning for most miles and most caches, but there is a category for logging TB into farthest cache from here. I'd like to mail my re-issued TB to you (actually, it'd have to be my son mailing it since he is not in the race) in July when they visit here. I'd like it placed in any cache in that part of the world. I don't care if it ever moves from there, but if you want to mail it back after it is logged (for more milage), I'll pay that postage also.

Thanks!

Jerry

:ph34r: Ooer this would appear to be just a little bit like cheating.

Hi!

Thanks!

Jerry

Well, it's only cheating if it's against the rules established for our race - and it's not. Other TB's have already been to Japan and Australia and back in the same manner. I figure you can't get any farther from here than the Arabian Peninsula. The closer to 63 degrees East longitude the better!!

Edited by jerrytcher

Jerry,

Where do you need to send the TB? I am in the UAE and have the perfect cache for it.

Connect with me through my email on geocaching.com website.

LuckyStars

;) Ooer this would appear to be just a little bit like cheating.

Hi!

Thanks!

Jerry

Well, it's only cheating if it's against the rules established for our race - and it's not. Other TB's have already been to Japan and Australia and back in the same manner. I figure you can't get any farther from here than the Arabian Peninsula. The closer to 63 degrees East longitude the better!!

Jerry,

I am in Bahrain giving it a 050 degrees east long. If you want to send it to me, I will place it in one of the 5 active caches here. THere is a total of seven in this country but two are no longer good. I just viewed five of them today and plan on making one or two myself. This island is full of great places for caches. Contact me view the email on geocach.com if you would like your TB to visit Bahrain. I have a buddy going back to CA in a couple of months and he can return it via airplane to CA and drop it off at another Cach in CA.

Hi!

Thanks!

Jerry

I agree. If shipping the TB was aginst the rules, I would be aginst the idea of mailing the TB. Since the shipping of the TB is not aginst the rules (as claimed) then I believe that it is a very agressive and proactive idea that could award the win. Way to go Jerry. Lets get that TB East.

:lol: Ooer this would appear to be just a little bit like cheating.

Hi!

Thanks!

Jerry

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the responses! I'll get together my replacement TB, and when my sons get here in a couple weeks, we'll get it sent out. Might even have to do it a couple of times - CA to Arbian Peninsula to CA back to AP and back to CA - about 50,000 miles?? COOL!

Jerry