North Wales 3rd Annual Cito Event

I've had a discussion with the Operations Manager of a Heritage Park today, and we have agreed on the 15th of July for this years North Wales Annual CITO event. He has tasked the senior ranger with doing a H&S impact report, and a Task Completion report, once completed I'll be posting the actual event page.

This years event is more of a challenge than previous ones, due to the fact that the targeted area is a 250m stretch of stream accessed via steep banks up to 7m high (hence the H&S and Task Completion reports). Rubbish needing removing includes, shopping trolleys, logs, and stones. For those who are not physically able to take part and younger children, we are looking into the the possibility of Free access to a child friendly area of the site (petting Zoo).

We have been offered the use of the events room so intend supplying a buffet for those attending. As the venue is not licensed, we intend supplying for the Adults refreshments on a donation basis (more details to follow closer to the day) and Non alcoholic drinks free .

The Operations Manager saw the photo and article about last years CITO at Talcre Dunes and was highly impressed by it. I would add that the location chosen is home to a cache (not placed by myself :( ).

If you are interested in attending please pencil the date in your diary's, for those interested I'm prepared to look into finding a local campsite.

I would add that the site comes under both CADW and CCW giving us a chance to once again showcase geocaching to these important Assembly departments.

Dave

No promises but hopefully we'll be there but only 1 collecting rubbish at any 1 time. The other will be in the petting zoo place with the babies.

Nah - you two can both Cito and the babies can stay with their Auntie Hazel!!! :lol:

You mean you actually intend missing out on a "Free" :ph34r: mud pack :ph34r:

They're keeping the sluices open between now and the event to try and dry out the silt but you know the Welsh weather is usually full of rain :ph34r:

Dave

No promises but hopefully we'll be there but only 1 collecting rubbish at any 1 time. The other will be in the petting zoo place with the babies.

Nah - you two can both Cito and the babies can stay with their Auntie Hazel!!! :P

You mean you actually intend missing out on a "Free" B) mud pack <_<

They're keeping the sluices open between now and the event to try and dry out the silt but you know the Welsh weather is usually full of rain :P

Dave

I think my antics in the mud last week have fulfilled my yearly quota!!

I've updated page. Will all those who plan on attending please indicate so by posting a "Will Attend" log, to enable us to work out what sort quantities of food to cater for. Also those wishing Adult refreshment please indicate their preference for Bitter or Larger, again to give us a idea of quantity's of each.

We are still awaiting a reply to our query regarding free access to the Museum/farm for parents with younger children.

Dave

Teach me to log off both parts of the site and not one before posting :) should have been posted under my Mancunian Pyrocacher account

Edited by Deceangi

Hi can I just say how glad there are a good number of you coming to the C.I.T.O this year. could the one's who are coming with children let me know their names and ages as we now give each chil that attends a goodie bag to take home. thank you Nette see you all soon :rolleyes::rolleyes::o:o

Great idea nette, i've no kids but can i have a goodie bag too!!!!!

HI NO YOU CAN NOT HAVE A GOODY BAG AS YOU ARE OVER THE ARE OF 16 Nette :anicute::laughing:

However if you are a good boy you can have drink instead ok Nette

Edited by Nette

Hi can people attending please tell me as we need to sort thing for the buffet after your work out what food bring and drinksthere wil br a cup at the end of the table for everyone to pay for the food and drinks just what you can efford . looking forward to see you all. oh 1 more thing try and bring a change of clothing. Nette :laughing:

Hi everyone.

Thanks Dave for a great Event and to Nette and crew for a great spread afterwards.

Just to say that I have uploaded images from the event to my web site

Link to Photographs

:lol:

Great photos!

Pity you didnt get one of Dave after he got slapped with mud tho :wub:

Ashley loved being able to get full of mud and not get told off :wub:

Thanks for the lovely buffet that Netti provided, it was most welcome.

Boy was it hot out there!

It was a fun day and we would certainly do it again.

Lolly Bob and Cashley

A big thank you to everyone for all the hard work you put in. Once again you've you've surprised others with the amount of work done :laughing:

A big thanks to Nette and Stephanie for the spread. And Andrew for the great photos.

Word of warning :laughing: the return is looking to be scheduled for the beginning of October. This time it was Nette doing the volunteering :laughing: .

Hopefully we will be able to arrange for everyone to congregate in a local watering hole afterwards :laughing:

And just for currykev I'll add the local train station (about 6 miles away, with a bus to the location once a hour in each direction)