Caches Near Brent Wood In Essex England

I'm a new cacher from NYC coming to Work in Brent wood at Fords Europe next month

I'll be in Brent Wood from 05/03/2006 until 05/12/2006 and over the weekend will hope to visit London for the first time with some people from work

I would like to do some caches in Europe - is there any caches people would recomend

I will be staying at Best Western Weald Park Hotel Golf & Country Club, Coxtie Green Road, South Weald, Brentwood, Essex, CM14 5RJ link - I will not have a car for all the trip but I think i can get one from the pool.

thanks

Tony

Also any ideas of places to go out in the evening would be good too.....

Hi,

The nearest cache to that post code is The Mores End (Essex). You should be able to do a "Find all nearby caches" search from the page.

I've never cached down that part of the country (yet), so I can't really help you on the "quality" or "things to do/see". I'm sure someone that can help a bit more will post on here soon.

Hope you enjoy your trip :):)

Thorndon Park set of caches (for more details see GCJN8R) is a good place to look

You can do it in a day (with some planning) - a good an intresting walk in a county park with 11 caches.

If you are after numbers then get on a train to London and do the parks you could easly do 40 in a day there.

email me with more details re your avalablity and maybe we could meet up I live quite near Fords

If you put the postcode of the hotel in the zip box on the "hide and seek a cache" page it returns over a hundred caches within 10 miles and three under a mile. That should keep you busy and out of trouble :(

If you get a pool-car.... all the best of luck with driving on the left and all the roundabouts!

p.s. If you use Streetmap for an online map it comes back with a 1:50,000 ordnance survey map which is very good indeed.

Edited by Mr Nibbler