Geo-post Offices

This is a really neat idea if I understand it right.

A cacher picks up a postcard from a GPO cache and moves it to another appropriately sized cache. So on and so forth until it reaches its goal. Does the postcard's goal have to be another GPO cache?

Yup, you've got it right!

No, the postcard's goal does not have to be a GPO. If the goal is a regular cache, just make note of it on the postcard.

i,ve seen this type of thing befor a long time ago they used QSL post cards ..when one ham operator makes a contact with another overseas ''talkin skip'' they send each other a qsl card to verify the contact....

Yup, the difference is that the QSL cards passed thru the regular mail.

With Geo Post Office caches, the postcards move through the caches themselves...

This is a really neat idea if I understand it right.

A cacher picks up a postcard from a GPO cache and moves it to another appropriately sized cache. So on and so forth until it reaches its goal. Does the postcard's goal have to be another GPO cache?

Yup, you've got it right!

No, the postcard's goal does not have to be a GPO. If the goal is a regular cache, just make note of it on the postcard.

About a year ago I grabbed a postcard from a TB hotel in Amsterdam, NL that had a goal to get to a non-geocacher in British Columbia so this practice has been going on for awhile.

Since there *isn't" a cache category for GPOs I was wondering how you keep your list up to date. I've been looking for a fun application to implement in a Content Management System I want to evaluate and this might be a good one. If I could build a database of GPO listings from gpx data I could create a web application that allows searching for GPOs by location, coordinates, and even produce a Google Map of all GPOs. The tricky part is getting reliable data.

About a year ago I grabbed a postcard from a TB hotel in Amsterdam, NL that had a goal to get to a non-geocacher in British Columbia so this practice has been going on for awhile.

Since there *isn't" a cache category for GPOs I was wondering how you keep your list up to date. I've been looking for a fun application to implement in a Content Management System I want to evaluate and this might be a good one. If I could build a database of GPO listings from gpx data I could create a web application that allows searching for GPOs by location, coordinates, and even produce a Google Map of all GPOs. The tricky part is getting reliable data.

I try to keep the bookmark list up to date... I search every week or so... I think it's pretty current, you could use that...

Edited by Zonker&co