Confusion Too Close Waypoints ?

I have set some routes using waypoints with Mapsource and there are times when the same waypoint occurs

more than once in a route, as the route may backtrack, and may also be very close (20m) to another waypont when moving parallel..

I have looked at the proximity settings and don't see anything too significant there.

What seems to be happening is that as the route proceeds from waypoint to waypoint it seems to jump across the next listed to a nearby wpt not immediately next.

As I'm a noobie and working in 110 deg F, I am having problems, especially as the compass page (calibrated OK) seems to have an erratic behavior, despite setting it for very slow speed and keeping it level.

Has the heat fried my brain ? or is there a problem with this route/waypoint thingy ?

Edited by dunderhead

I have set some routes using waypoints with Mapsource and there are times when the same waypoint occurs

more than once in a route, as the route may backtrack, and may also be very close (20m) to another waypont when moving parallel..

I have looked at the proximity settings and don't see anything too significant there.

What seems to be happening is that as the route proceeds from waypoint to waypoint it seems to jump across the next listed to a nearby wpt not immediately next.

As I'm a noobie and working in 110 deg F, I am having problems, especially as the compass page (calibrated OK) seems to have an erratic behavior, despite setting it for very slow speed and keeping it level.

Has the heat fried my brain ? or is there a problem with this route/waypoint thingy ?

I have noticed that the 60cx gets confused too if route points are to closely spaced. I had a route going down one side of the street and coming back on the other side. It kept trying to switch me to the other side of the street. This was just a test and not what I'd call a practical route. In real life conditions I doubt my route points would be this close together. I solved the problem by having two routes. One going, and one coming back.

I had the exact same scenario with my 76Cx on Sunday. I had a route plotted that included a couple of waypoints (One for the North bound lanes of the Expressway, and one for the South bound). I had created them right next to each other.

During my trip, as I passed my waypoint for the North bound lanes, the unit directed me to get off at the next exit – routing me to the waypoint for the South bound lanes. It continued to tell me to exit at every exit for the next 15 miles, until it finally gave up and continued on the route. ;)