Category 'chat Line'

How many would like to establish a 'Chat Line' that we can use for solving problems or solving step by step problems while on line?

General questions, as in the past, can still be posted but anyone needing other assistance could find help and guidance immediately.

There is 'Yahoo' - MSN - that would be easy to set up fairly quickly.

It's a cool idea, but I think at first, while we're all in a fast learning phase, it would detract from getting the information logged here in the forums for people to use for research. You can't do that with a chatroom, plus I think TPTB will not be participating in the chatroom, so it would be without their help, which is essential at this phase.

If you do set one up, I think you should propose a time of day/week for the main time (Eastern or Western Standard time). That way, the maximum number of participants will be able to gain from what goes on there.

I certainly like the idea of a chat site but do agree with Black Dog as well. Once the majority come to grips with the whole thing a bit more then it seems a fairly fesible idea. But even then - it may take away from the Forums a bit. (Chasing my tail on this idea)

We're looking at implementing a LISTSERV for Waymarking to allow people to discuss their categories via a mailing list. I believe this is a superior option to a chat list for the following reasons:

1. Most groups won't require a lot of chatter - having a forum set up for each group to chat would be unecessary.

2. Most people check their emails more often than the forums. This means infrequent posts will get responded to sooner.

3. Mailing lists can be archived so you can read the history or receive a daily digest. This covers all the bases for looking up previous discussions.

4. For groups that would like to have discussions secure, only those members can get access to the group chatter.

We're testing LISTSERV next week and it will be one of our top priorities for group management.

We're looking at implementing a LISTSERV for Waymarking to allow people to discuss their categories via a mailing list. I believe this is a superior option to a chat list for the following reasons:

1. Most groups won't require a lot of chatter - having a forum set up for each group to chat would be unecessary.

2. Most people check their emails more often than the forums. This means infrequent posts will get responded to sooner.

3. Mailing lists can be archived so you can read the history or receive a daily digest. This covers all the bases for looking up previous discussions.

4. For groups that would like to have discussions secure, only those members can get access to the group chatter.

We're testing LISTSERV next week and it will be one of our top priorities for group management.

cool beans.

will ther also be a way to 'stop the emails'? say i go to live in the middle of the desert, at the rate the past few days have sent mail, ill never be able to read all of that--even in daily digests....

will each group have a digest or can they all be compiled into one email?

,........ ill never be able to read all of that--even in daily digests....:(

This change-over is getting to be dangerous to my health......Wife is threatening to pull the plug on the computer and restrict my time as I have been flooded with e-mails the last 3 days . :( 3 pages so far !!!NO MORE PLEASE! can't reply that fast :(