Thank You Jeremy

ByrnedFish

I got those messages when trying to get coords this morning, and then again when trying to log finds. Otherwise, the site is great, and Jeremy or whomever has done an awesome job of upgrades and keeping it running. I enjoy geocaching so much that I would even send a donation to wherever (on top of the premium membership) to keep it going, or help it out.

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

I think Jeremy and his crew deserve a thanks for getting hte site working again and putting up with all the nonsense they got for "not doing it fast/good" enough. Lets hope the fix lasts.

Byrned Fish

Umm...after a brief period of workability, all I'm getting are "server too busy" errors again. There has not been a real fix--it'll work for a while and then fail. Please don't render others' complaints as "nonsense."

To put it into perspective for newer cachers, this is not a short-term problem; it has appeared frequently for years, not just the past few days, weeks, or months. I love to cache, think gc.com provides a wonderful service, and am grateful they're "workin' on it," but it often can't keep up with demand, especially frustrating for those who pay for membership and do most of their caching/logging on weekends due to time constraints on weekdays.

You'll notice in the announcements that I posted a reason for that server too busy error.

Thanks for the info. I know this drives us crazy at times, especially you. After the last reset, I just managed to log the rest of today's finds, so I know you're trying. I have only a superficial understanding of the server issues and need for prodding to diagnose/treat the problems, but I do plan to renew my membership. Even if it's slow at times, I can't imagine living without it.

I think Jeremy and his crew deserve a thanks for getting hte site working again and putting up with all the nonsense they got for "not doing it fast/good" enough. Lets hope the fix lasts.

Byrned Fish

Somebody at a place I used to work at had a sign that read:

WE CAN DO YOUR PROJECT:

FAST,

RIGHT,

CHEAP

( Pick 2 )

Having done some MS development (very limited), I know how tough it can be, and I'm not knocking anyone, but I'm glad to see that the error message I'm getting "Server Application Unavailable" is one I haven't seen before!

I'm guessing the system's down for repairs right now?

Having done some MS development (very limited), I know how tough it can be, and I'm not knocking anyone, but I'm glad to see that the error message I'm getting "Server Application Unavailable" is one I haven't seen before!

I'm guessing the system's down for repairs right now?

As a charter member, I appreciate all the great work Jeremy and team do! Couldn't live without the site, it support my main addiction!

Yes, the server problems recently have been annoying, but I know they'll get fixed.

Like now - i was just in the middle of logging my caches and apparently the site just went down. Boom. Hope it's back shortly.

Jeremy

I know that things are not perfect yet, but I can see that you are taking a good attitude to all our concerns. I think that many of the Brit cachers laid in hard yesterday, just accept that is our way and we mean no offence.

The site has been improved since you tweaked a few things, lets hope that you can spot more of the flaws and get them ironed out.

Cheers

Milton (aka Moote.)

Byrned Fish

I agree...the site is operating much better today -- the work they're doing is helping significantly.

So it's your fault! :laughing:

Relax, it is afterall, just a game.

Here's a tip for you newbies. Type your log(s) into a note. When the server is back up, it's a quick copy and paste. No time is wasted on the interface composing that just perfect note that becomes lost because of that pesky take_your_pick_problem. If it doesn't go through, you still have the note to refer to until Jeremy et al can get things smoothed out again.

We go through this everytime we see a membership boost. Without a reliable crystal ball, it is a little tough to predict and appropriately compensate for the issue. Just know that every tweak now benefits us later.

So it's your fault! :laughing:

Relax, it is afterall, just a game.

So is the NFL. I pay because I want all the features and I want them on my schedule period. I don't want to find a spot where it's convenient for the server.

I'd agree with this gripe if I were paying 50 bucks a game. It's 3 bucks per month. You get what you pay for. A service that works most of the time.

Btw, for the price you pay for a seat at the professional football game, you're still stuck on their schedule... not yours.

Edited by TotemLake

At $25 a year, I have no complaints. $25 a month, I might say something. For what we pay all I can say is "Great job Jeremy and company!".

um...why are you paying $5 less than the rest of us? :(

Duh. Gold Member.

what does that movie have to do with the price of tea in china membership?

At $25 a year, I have no complaints. $25 a month, I might say something. For what we pay all I can say is "Great job Jeremy and company!".

um...why are you paying $5 less than the rest of us? ;)

Umm...bad memory ??? Lol....I can't remember what I payed for lunch today much less something like this !