Transfering Caches To Legend C

Hanapaa

Basically you need to use "cord" to connect computer to GPS....

Depending on what type cord, serial cable or USB, you will need a program like EasyGPS which will accept the file with cache coordinates (waypoints) downloaded from geocache.com and transfer the coordinates to GPS.

IF cord is USB, you need to load any driver for USB connection ( from CD disk that came with GPS) into computer before you connect GPS+Cable to computer. IF cable is USB, You need to setup EasyGPS with information about GPS type ( model number usually) and it will find GPS unit through USB cable. IF cable is serial (RS232) you need to know the port NUMBER cable is connected to and be sure Easy GPS has proper port number is it setup so it has direct connection to GPS through serial cable....

Dale

The Legend C will have a USB cable which should plug into any of of the USB ports on your PC. If your PC is a newer model it should have one or two USB ports on the front and several in the back (little square thingies).

Plug the cable into here and turn your GPS on.

Then you need to dowload EasyGPS. Once EasyGPS is running, Click on 'file' then 'preferences' to select the type of GPS you have (You may have to use Garmin 60C if Legend C is not available).

Next, on the search page (for example if you you searched for caches nearest your zipcode), you will see a box on the far right that corresponds with each cache on the page. Check off the boxes of the caches you want to download, then page down towards the bottom and click on the 'download waypoints' button.

A box will pop up. Select 'save to disk' (you're going to have to remember where you saved it to).

Next, in EasyGPS, open the file you just saved. You should see all the waypoints listed in the display box.

Now click on 'GPS' (its near the top of the page), then click on 'send to GPS'. It should take a second or two and your GPS is loaded with the waypoints.

Hope this helps. If not, let me know what I can clarify.

Edited by briansnat

i figured out how to put the caches i want into a folder in easy gps but when i try to send it to my gps it does a very quick flash across the screen and i dont see them in my gps, its doesnt say "sending" or anything, something flashes on screen and thats it. help? anyone