Having Problem Sending Waypoints To Gps

I just bought a used Garmin Etrex Vista and I can’t seem to send waypoints to it. I am using CacheMate software but it keeps giving me an error message that says.

Error sending waypoints: GPS packet read Timed out Garmin Cant init COM4

I have tried every serial port that the cable will fit into with no luck. I have also made sure that the Garmin is selected as the GPS in the setup menu. Any ideals? B)

I just bought a used Garmin Etrex Vista and I can’t seem to send waypoints to it. I am using CacheMate software but it keeps giving me an error message that says.

I have tried every serial port that the cable will fit into with no luck. I have also made sure that the Garmin is selected as the GPS in the setup menu. Any ideals? B)

The three most popular programs to send waypoints to your Vista would be EasyGPS, GSAK, and Mapsource. CacheMate is for use on a Palm PDA and will not send waypoints to a GPSr.

EasyGPS would probably be the fastest to try initially. Download a handfull of caches in .loc file format, open in Easy and send them to the Vista.

Olar

The three most popular programs to send waypoints to your Vista would be EasyGPS, GSAK, and Mapsource. CacheMate is for use on a Palm PDA and will not send waypoints to a GPSr.

EasyGPS would probably be the fastest to try initially. Download a handfull of caches in .loc file format, open in Easy and send them to the Vista.

Olar

Oops! Just noticed you are a premium member so you can try either .loc or .gpx format.

Olar