Can Create Annoucements?

So,

Like many of you I'm getting used to the group management features. I'm looking at the group ranks page.

One authority we can assign to officers is "Can Create Annoucements". So what is an announcement, and how do I create one?

This is an oversight on our part. Eventually groups will have announcements, and because of this the ability to allow the permission was put into the mix. Unfortunately the cart was put before the horse, so you have permissions to create announcements that can't be created yet.

I'll remove that in the next minor update.

What we're going to do is make announcements more of a notification feature to all members, and follow up later making it an announcement you can send to users and post on the group page. Since the biggest request so far is making better ways for groups to chat we'll try to add this sooner than later.

As an aside, we're also looking at a LISTSERV setup built into the site to allow for groups to have their own mailing lists. To be continued...

What we're going to do is make announcements more of a notification feature to all members, and follow up later making it an announcement you can send to users and post on the group page. Since the biggest request so far is making better ways for groups to chat we'll try to add this sooner than later.

As an aside, we're also looking at a LISTSERV setup built into the site to allow for groups to have their own mailing lists. To be continued...

Sounds good. One of the things I'm finding as a leader, and an officer is communication can be a problem.

I'd like to for example let everyone in my group know exactly what I want to see in the waymarks that get approved (and get their input on what else we can/should do). Similarly as an officer in a number of groups, I'm not absolutely confident of what the category leaders want to see in all their waymarks so would be very reluctant to actually step out of 'lurk' and review one (well I'd probably look them over for now and guess if the leader was going to approve them or not...)

Quick suggestion along the same lines, it would be nice if the group members had an option to receive notification of new waymarks in the categories they were members of... (along the lines of my previous 'watch this category' thread). It would give them some kind of tangible 'benefit' of being a member of a group.

Just invited someone this morning to my group, and found myself strugling to tell them what the actual advantage of being a member of the group was...