Who Gets What And How Much

I know there was a lot of talk about categories being assigned to those who first suggested them, and some seem to have definite feelings about this. Is this now a bygone concept? It seems now that it is the first to form a management group for a particular category, whether or not it has been previously proposed by another. Is this correct? No problem with that -- suggestions are cheap; the work of defining a category and getting the management group together speak of more committment.

Also, I think I saw it mentioned that there was a limit of three categories per person. Does this mean a person can be a member, or officer I should say, of only three groups, or that he/she can be primary officer of only three groups? Or what?

Also, I think I saw it mentioned that there was a limit of three categories per person. Does this mean a person can be a member, or officer I should say, of only three groups, or that he/she can be primary officer of only three groups? Or what?

You can only be a Leader of three categories at a time. But you can be an Officer of as many categories as you want.

Reference

You can only be a Leader of three categories at a time. But you can be an Officer of as many categories as you want.

Reference

Thanks! Navigating these forums is often confusing for me -- like trying to find where I read a newspaper or magazine article!

i posted this in the 'refrence' link....

what about those that had more than 3 proir to this? i have/had 5 categories. how is this to be resolved?

and would this also not limit the number of categories one could create? as i 'have' 5 now. i just started a group for another (national register of historic places) and have several ideas for other categories i want to create.

is there to be any sort of 'charter member' status for Waymarking?

just some questions about the things going on....

happy hunting...

chapterhouse