Chambana Caches? Vet Med Open House Weekend

critterkeeper

I only recently was introduced to geocaching, and so far I've been using Google maps and such to track down caches in my area. I'm going to be down in Champaign-Urbana the weekend of April 1st for the Vet Med Open House, and have been trying to figure out what caches I could hit down there. I lived in Chambana for a quarter-century, so I know my way around pretty well. Caches in the area of the vet school, Hessel Park, South Side elementary, Uni High, Marketplace Mall, and the Quad would all be a blast from the past! I would love any suggestions y'all have, and if someone is actually down there with a GPS and wants to try a short-notice/impromptu get-together that'd be cool too!

hmm, that would be tomorrow... Don't know if you are still getting this response before heading down.

Hessel Park: Hessel Hassle by Team HONU (GCGRZE)

Marketplace Mall: none

Quad: A Millennium of Labor by Mao & Ceuthophilus (GC9106)

If you have an hour sparetime, you will enjoy the Multi (GC9106) on Campus or try A Family Tree by tomfoolery (GCH2PV)

Unfortunally, I am out of town, but I can recommend one of my caches: The P.P. Garden by Kerstin76 (GCPT43) :laughing:

Thanks, Kerstin! As I said, with no GPS, it'll be more challenging, but there is at least a hint on the Hessel Park one that I might be able to get. And I'm definitely at least going to get the PP Garden one's clues, since I'll be right there...just hope I can slip into the computer lab to use the numbers, so I won't have to go home and back to find out where they lead.

I really wish the satellite pictures of Chambana were as good as those of Chicagoland. I told myself if I was still into this in a month I'd buy a GPS, but it's only a week and it's already hard to stick to that! :-)