Recent Changes To Waymarking.com

Latest Waymarking Update

In addition to the changes listed below, there have been many unseen changes to the way data is handled on the backend. We hope these changes provide everyone with a more enjoyable experience on the website.

Here is a list of the most recent changes:

• Category management opened up to premium members
  • Group functionality added
  • Popularity filter renovated and restarted
  • Image upload for waymarks (automatically places photo on waymark detail page)
  • Restructured Directory
  • Tag Search Added
  • Category Review added
  • Getting started page rennovated
  • Increased number of "recent waymarks shown" in categories from 250 to 1000
  • New Category Settings Page
  • Waymarking Avatars fixed, Group Avatars Added
  • Google Earth link for favorite categories
  • Simplified URLs

More to come! Thanks for the support of everyone in the Waymarking community. :grin:

-Nate

Edited by OpinioNate

I have on more question. When the group leader sets his status to 'away', will some of their permissions transfer over to the next person in call, or will the leader have to do this themselves? I think the permission send group emails should, just because in a sense the second in call will be temporarily in charge of the group.

Thanks,

Dew Crew

I think Waymarking will be a fun companion to Geocaching and am looking forward to when there will be catagories for most locations.

It does seem to me however, that the rules and regulations for starting a catagory must have been written by a congressional committee or maybe the IRS. I may be missing something but with all due respect, and recognizing the work and time expended, it looks like a rather simple proposition has been made quite complicated.

It does seem to me however, that the rules and regulations for starting a catagory must have been written by a congressional committee or maybe the IRS. I may be missing something but with all due respect, and recognizing the work and time expended, it looks like a rather simple proposition has been made quite complicated.

I thought that at first Wing Rider. Once I started going through the process to have my first category, I saw how it was really quite easy. The perceived difficulty was just unfamiliarity. The software pretty much gives you a step by step to create the group, category, and all the rest of it. Please give it a try.

Edited by Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

I hve a question... I created a group to manage the "dive sites" category, but it shows up as having no categories linked to it. How do I link the category to the group?

That option won't become available until you have at least 2 other officers in your Group. Pop on over to this forum to ask more questions about setting up your category.

So, how long before we will be able to download the Waymarking pages like we can the geocaching pages? .loc or .gpx files. These would be a great addition to the site and may increase traffic. I know we are not hunting waymarks due to this issue.

How is this coming along? There seems to be a lot of people (including myself) waiting for this feature, before they go any further. :anitongue:

So, how long before we will be able to download the Waymarking pages like we can the geocaching pages? .loc or .gpx files. These would be a great addition to the site and may increase traffic. I know we are not hunting waymarks due to this issue.

How is this coming along? There seems to be a lot of people (including myself) waiting for this feature, before they go any further. :anitongue:

We've still got a way to go before this feature is available. Currently we're working on a fairly major site redesign which has required all our attention to date, but once this foundation is laid we'll begin work on downloads. At first we'll add simple .LOC downloads to slake your thirst while .GPX downloads are developed. The redesign should be nearing completion in a few weeks.