Question About Creating Waymarks...

Is it necessary to always have access to a waymark you create? For example, I am going on a trip to Europe in a few weeks and would like to add a few new waymarks if I see an opportunity. It will be years before I get another chance to be there. Is it acceptable to add a waymark, or should I just find the few that allready exist?

EDIT: typo...

Edited by bandgeek

Ultimately its going to depend on the group/manager in charge of the group.

As far as the off leash areas go, I don't have a problem with anyone creating them anywhere (as long as they can answer the appropriate questions).

I think this is the same for most categories.

Well, I live in Washington state, and I currently have two waymarks in California, one in B.C., and one in Jamaica.

I'd say go for it, submit them and then see what happens. I'm sure that the majority would go through as long as all the other requirments are met.

Is it necessary to always have access to a waymark you create? For example, I am going on a trip to Europe in a few weeks and would like to add a few new waymarks if I see an opportunity. It will be years before I get another chance to be there. Is it acceptable to add a waymark, or should I just find the few that allready exist?

Unless there is a specific limitation (and why should there be?) there should be no problem with this. In fact, I think this is part of the fun of Waymarking!!

Ther only reason there is a requirement for access for traditional caches is so that the owner can maintain it. There is no corresponding need for a waymark.

Ther only reason there is a requirement for access for traditional caches is so that the owner can maintain it. There is no corresponding need for a waymark.

Right on, silverquill. I can't say that this would apply to every waymark category but I expect that most of them would be fine with marking a location on vacation. Accuracy is the key issue with any waymark.