The Tennessee Pot Cave

Zartimus

This is old news, but new to me. What struck me about this expensive marijuanna grow up in a cave under this cute little A-Frame house in Tennessee was the escape hatch. I mean Check that OUT! Hydraulics! Free hacked power courtesy of the county power grid(grin).

103142194_f2f9f88054.jpg

Now THAT would make a heck of a geocache!

103142192_bb7b151941.jpg

Here's a PDF with bigger pics and a small write up. Now I'd love a cave like that under MY house, but I wouldn't grow pot in it. What a home theatre that'd make!

When I saw that on the news, I thought about what a cool cache it would make.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#offlimit

Off-limit (Physical) Caches

By submitting a cache listing, you assure us that you have adequate permission to hide your cache in the selected location. However, if we see a cache description that mentions ignoring "No Trespassing" signs (or any other obvious issues), your listing may be immediately archived.

Caches may be quickly archived if we see the following (which is not inclusive):

• Caches that are buried. If a shovel, trowel or other “pointy” object is used to dig, whether in order to hide or to find the cache, then it is not appropriate.

I'd say that fits! :D

When I saw that on the news, I thought about what a cool cache it would make.

http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx#offlimit

Off-limit (Physical) Caches

By submitting a cache listing, you assure us that you have adequate permission to hide your cache in the selected location. However, if we see a cache description that mentions ignoring "No Trespassing" signs (or any other obvious issues), your listing may be immediately archived.

Caches may be quickly archived if we see the following (which is not inclusive):

• Caches that are buried. If a shovel, trowel or other “pointy” object is used to dig, whether in order to hide or to find the cache, then it is not appropriate.

I'd say that fits! :D

Yeah, but this is a pre-existing hole now. No further diging is necessary.

That looks remarkably similar to the entrace to one of the stages in the Quantum Leap cache in Texas.

Yes, I was just there at Quantum Leap a few weeks ago. As I remember stage two, the stairwell corridor under the hatch (door) was rectangular in shape, and the stairway was at an angle, kinda like many houshold or basement stairwells, but yes, the actual underground chamber looked impressively large, even though it was probably all of 28 feet by 14 feet.

I'm shocked that they were ever busted. I'll bet the electrical bill was a bit out of whack with a domestic usage for that area. and they probably paid it in cash too. That's what got a grow house around here nailed a few years back.

According to what I heard, they grafted power off the power line itself, meaning Free power, and normal electricity bills. As for water, they used a recycling irrigation system, that retrieved the moisture, and put it back to the plants, keeping the water bill normal as well. The only reason they were caught was inside info that found it's way to the feds.