Games On Your Gpsr

stora

I play several games with my GPS. One of them is my favourite; Hunt the Etrex. I start at the back of the sofa and work slowly out in a spiral until I find it. I also like Battery Roulette, where I try to find one or more caches before the half-dead rechargables give out, having forgotten to bring any spares. Always lots of fun :D

I play several games with my GPS. One of them is my favourite; Hunt the Etrex. I start at the back of the sofa and work slowly out in a spiral until I find it. I also like Battery Roulette, where I try to find one or more caches before the half-dead rechargables give out, having forgotten to bring any spares. Always lots of fun :D

I play a version of Hunt the GPS but I do it in the cab of the pickup.

Hey I also play these along with the famous 'which pocket am I keeping the charged batteries in' game, where I spend ages searching various pockets and then absent-mindedly put the exhausted batteries in with the charged ones. Oh it is such fun. :D

Hey I also play these along with the famous 'which pocket am I keeping the charged batteries in' game, where I spend ages searching various pockets and then absent-mindedly put the exhausted batteries in with the charged ones. Oh it is such fun. :D

I've played a very similar game too, especially check my log for The Craft. I was very lucky that I had fairly recently picked up a Hornet Bug Torch, which had two AA batteries.

I'd owned my etrex for about 3 years, using it for mundane everyday tasks like helping me to find my clients' offices, friends' houses, logging the position of manhole covers (for work - I'm not that sad!). Then one day, I discovered that I can play games with it. My favorite is called geocaching - people hide boxes all over the place and publish the coordinates on the internet, then others can go and find them. It's great!

I'd owned my etrex for about 3 years, using it for mundane everyday tasks like helping me to find my clients' offices, friends' houses, logging the position of manhole covers (for work - I'm not that sad!). Then one day, I discovered that I can play games with it. My favorite is called geocaching - people hide boxes all over the place and publish the coordinates on the internet, then others can go and find them. It's great!

hmm, sounds a bit geeky to me nick :) why would you wanna do that?

personally, my fav game is etrex roulette. When the time comes, out in the field and a long way from nowhere, I fish around in my rucsac, wondering if I have my GPS or a banana.... :grin:

I once tried a game of "see how far you can drive with a SporTrak on your car roof". Never did find out how well I did :$

I can tell you how far you can get with an etrex camo on the roof.... not very far at all! :D The camo lasted about 12 metres out of the car park, whilst the journey until we noticed lasted about 3 miles down the road.... :D

fortunately, being a nice tough etrex, it survived!

However, if you want a really amazing story, I can also tell you that a pair of glasses will last 200 odd miles down a german autobahn, at speeds of over 100 mph (yes its legal!), without falling off. :grin: We reckoned that they were caught on the seal of the sunroof, and the wind speed was pushing them down onto the car, thus ensuring they stayed caught. Still pretty dadgum shocked to get out at a service station to fill up with petrol, wondering where my glasses were and whether I'd left them in the last one, only to discover them on the roof of the car! :)

edit for wrong where, and also to say whats wrong with d%mn ? :)

Edited by purple_pineapple