Lost Activation Number

MOphoto

Several months after purchasing my first travel bug, I was finally preparing to release it this weekend. However, in the process of activating it I'm asked for an activation number that I've apparently lost somewhere along the line. Is there any way of activating this bug without the number? Is there someone at Groundspeak that I can contact to find that for me?

I was planning on releasing the bug in a cache I'm placing for a local event and would appreciate any help I can get.

Please don't tell me this bug is dead before it ever got a chance to truly live!

All is not lost. Send whatever information about the bug you do have (the 6 digit number on the tag) with "Lost TB activation code" in the subject line to contact at Groundspeak dot com and they will send it to you. Also it's recommended that you read the pinned threads on top of this forum for travel bug info, trials and tribulations. :unsure: Have fun!

Edited by Eartha

Yup... I gave a tag to my girlfriend so she could join a TB race, and the next day I remembered to ask her if she had kept the bag with the activation code on it. Of course not. She threw it out and the garbage had already been picked up that morning. I sent an email out to Groundspeak and had the code via email in less than 30 minutes. Excellent. :D