New Pow-mia Coin Coming Soon

verno6000

I have a POW-MIA coin that will be ready to ship around 4-15. I attached the artwork and should have an actual image in a few days. There will be 900 regular edition coins and 100 limited edition in two-tone metal. If there is a lot of extra demand, I might do another run to fill all orders.

The coin is 1.75" diameter and it has hard enamle coloring.

You can add your name to my email list to be notified to when they go on sale next week by going here: Email sign-up

Cost will be $8 per coin and I will sell a limited amount of the LE version at $12 per coin.

To clear up the confusion, all of the profit will be donated to the VFW and the P.O.W. NETWORK.

pow_final_regular.jpg

pow_final_gold.jpg

Edited by verno6000

Ok, I'll be the lightning rod...

While I certainly respect those who have served and feel for those who are POW/MIA and thier families, what does this coin have to do with caching?

I could see a tie in if it were a personal coin, and would buy one or two if the proceeds were going to some type of military support system for the families - but as a purely commercial coin I don't get it.

Ok, I'll be the lightning rod...

While I certainly respect those who have served and feel for those who are POW/MIA and thier families, what does this coin have to do with caching?

I could see a tie in if it were a personal coin, and would buy one or two if the proceeds were going to some type of military support system for the families - but as a purely commercial coin I don't get it.

I certainly agree with Kealia....as a Vietnam era veteran, I do respect the intention.......does it really have anything to do with GeoCaching? I think not...other than it is a "coin"? Can we please get to the point of this activity, we all call GeoCaching?

I will be donating some of the money to my local VFW hall, I just don't know how much yet as I don't know the final costing of the coin and what it will cost me for shipping, packing, etc..

I decided to not make it a personal coin as I wanted it to have a logo.

As far as it not being related to Caching, I don't see why every coin needs to speciifcally about some caching activity. I wanted to make the coin so people could show their support by moving these coins from cache to cache and have as many people as possible find the coin in a cache and take a minute to think about the POW's.

Edited by verno6000

I will be donating some of the money to my local VFW hall, I just don't know how much yet as I don't know the final costing of the coin and what it will cost me for shipping, packing, etc..

Some of the money...while the rest goes into your pocket which means this is commercial and in no way a charity coin.

As far as it not being related to Caching, I don't see why every coin needs to speciifcally about some caching activity. I wanted to make the coin so people could show their support by moving these coins from cache to cache and have as many people as possible find the coin in a cache and take a minute to think about the POW's.

They need to be primarily geocaching related because that is what this is. Geocoins are for geocaching. If these are not geocaching inspired, as you have said, then why are you selling them here, other than the obvious which is to amke money off us. I am a Gulf War Veteran and find it rather sad that you would use the veteran theme just to sell some coins.

BTW what is your veteran status if I may ask?

Is there a POW MIA organization?

Several

POW-MIA Family Org

POW MIA Facts

National Alliance Of Families For the Return of America's Missing Servicemen

Operation Black Flag

Friends of the Forgotten

I don't mean to endorse or favor these organizations over any other, just listing a few of the many that would love to have the profit from the coin. If your selling at $8.00, with LE's at $12.00, you should make a nice profit. Donate it all, and I will happily by 4 of your coins.

ps Veteran of Operation Urgent Fury

I think my previous posting was mis-read. I will be donating the profit, but dont know what that will be as it costs money for postage, packing, the coin, etc... Once these costs are paid, I will be donating the rest. I had planed on giving it to the VFW, but I think it would be good to also give part to one of the POW groups. I will need to do some research on the different POW groups, but I will choose one or several to donate to in addtion to the VFW.

Edited by verno6000

I think my previous posting was mis-read. I will be donating the profit, but dont know what that will be as it costs money for postage, packing, the coin, etc... Once these costs are paid, I will be donating the rest. I had planed on giving it to the VFW, but I think it would be good to also give part to one of the POW groups. I will need to do some research on the different POW groups, but I will choose one or several to donate to in addtion to the VFW.

That's great, put me down for four and let us know how much money you raise to support this worthy cause.

I don't see why every coin needs to speciifcally about some caching activity
Well, this being a geocaching forum I think coins posted here should relate to geocaching. I agree with Kealia and pghlooking on this, as per usual. I'll pass on this coin.

Hey gang,

So far this topic has stayed very calm and cool, thank you.

Given the sensitive nature of the discussions around POWs/MIAs, I want to be pre-emptive here and ask that we keep politics and personal attacks out of this thread. Given the topic, it could easily get heated very quickly.

Again, kudos to those who have posted so far (and to the OP for not taking things personally) for keeping cool heads.

Keep it up.

- Your Friendly Neighborhood Pasta :D

:D Caching or no caching, put me down for one of each metal! :D

Any thought's of making the front into a pin? :D

If so, I'd definately be in for a handful! :D

D-man :D

OK from a Viet Nam Vet I think this is over the top for a Geocoin.

As far as a pin here is a place you can buy a pin from each state with the same front. POW MIA ITEMS

Cool! Thanks for the link! :)

D-man :D

:D As a veteran, I support any coin, for profit or not that is honoring the American veteran. The POW-MIA coin hits home to a lot of people, and yeah the profits (if any) should be donated to one of many noble causes, but I believe that it's good for the cause either way and that most folks realize that. I applaud the initiative. Carry on. :D

I have a POW-MIA coin that will be ready to ship around 4-15. I attached the artwork and should have an actual image in a few days. There will be 900 regular edition coins and 100 limited edition in two-tone metal. If there is a lot of extra demand, I might do another run to fill all orders.

You can add your name to my email list to be notified to when they go on sale next week by going here: Email sign-up

Cost will be $8 per coin and I will sell a limited amount of the LE version at $12 per coin.

To clear up the confusion, all of the profit will be donated to the VFW and the P.O.W. NETWORK.

pow_final_regular.jpg

pow_final_gold.jpg

emailed....

I'll take one of each metal

pow_final_regular.jpg

pow_final_gold.jpg

Looks like the LE jumped from 12.00 to 20.00 :wub:

Looks like the LE jumped from 12.00 to 20.00 :wub:

No, it's still $12.

$8 Standard

$12 LE

$20 LE Set

They are just leaning toward the tread of only offering the LE if you also purchase at least one of the standard.

Great idea in my opinion! Greatly reduces LE hording!!

At least if someone is gonna try and horde LE's they will also have an equal number of standard that they will have to unload also.

D-man :)