Caches

is it ok to return to a previously found cache and retrieve a bug or coin.i am new to this and didnt take when first found.thought they needed to move right away.

It's perfectly fine. But go ahead and log that you did in the cache logbook. Then when you get home, go to the cache page and either edit your online log if it's not too old or write up a new online note letting others know that you grabbed the coin or travelbug. Don't forget to go to the coin or TB page and grab it there also!

This brings up another question...I have found nearly 50 travel bugs but only logged the ones I picked up and placed.

Should we log found it for bugs when we dont move them....

No.

You only log TB you pick up and move to another cache.

If a cache has several TBs you leave/ignore, you do nothing with them. It makes it seem as tho you are upping your stats for TB without moving them.

This brings up another question...I have found nearly 50 travel bugs but only logged the ones I picked up and placed.

Should we log found it for bugs when we dont move them....

No.

You only log TB you pick up and move to another cache.

If a cache has several TBs you leave/ignore, you do nothing with them. It makes it seem as tho you are upping your stats for TB without moving them.

Generally people don't log a TB that they find in a cache, but some people do. They retrieve the bug and dropped back into the same cache. If it's a remote cache that doesn't get visited often, this lets the travel bug owner know the bug is still in the cache. At one time, a 'spotted TB' log type was proposed. Mainly for people who wanted to log geocoins they saw at an event cache but didn't take, this log type would also be good for the purpose of indicating you saw the travel bug in a cache but didn't take it.