Another Lost Travel Bug!

doctor scotland

my travel bug - roundhay mansion spoon link was picked up by the 'RIDDERS' on 29th of jan 2006 - and hasnt been seen since - despite sending several emails to them - i have had no reply.

does anyone know them? - or have any suggestions regarding what i should do next -

they appear to be in the netherlands and havent visited any caches in the last couple of months.

should i just hang on and hope they've been on a long holiday, or in prison, or should i kill the bug??

my travel bug - roundhay mansion spoon link was picked up by the 'RIDDERS' on 29th of jan 2006 - and hasnt been seen since - despite sending several emails to them - i have had no reply.

does anyone know them? - or have any suggestions regarding what i should do next -

they appear to be in the netherlands and havent visited any caches in the last couple of months.

should i just hang on and hope they've been on a long holiday, or in prison, or should i kill the bug??

Don't kill the bug! Some people are just slow at placing travel-bugs and even bugs that have been missing for long periods of time (a year or more) will often turn up. I would suggest sending a brief, polite e-mail and be prepared to be patient. It looks as though they have not done any geocaching since picking up your TB at the Vuursteenberg multu-cache. Since it is still in their inventory, they will likely place it into a new cache once they resume their geocaching adventures. Travel-Bugs are sometimes held by well intentioned cachers for many months, that doesn't necessarily mean it is ready for the graveyard...

:lol:

Edited by Team Snorkasaurus

Since typically people shouldn't hold bugs longer than a couple weeks, two months seems like a long time. However I don't even begin to consider contacting a cacher until at least three months and one (maybe two) emails is enough.

Sometimes people just don't cache for a while.

I just had one released after 5 months. They never did respond to emails.

Since it's in someone's possesion I'd wait a looooong time before trashing it. Like a year.

Yeah I'm trying to be patient too... My first TB was moved ONCE before it ended up in the hands that it's still currently in. It's only been about 6 weeks, so I haven't sent any emails yet, but I'm getting twitchy. Didn't help that they (in addition to several already in their inventory) picked up five other bugs the same day as mine, and none of them have been placed yet. They're still getting caches, and still picking up new TB's, and once in a while even dropping one, but there mine sits.... oh well. gotta be patient. :D