Peace, Love And Unity Through The Medium Of Googlefight!

From another thread ....

In my best Harry Hill voice: "Which is best, Travel Bugs or Geocoins? There's only one way to find out: Fiiiightttt!!" :D

Ever played with Googlefight? Two men enter, one man leaves ... well ok perhaps not ... it's based on search reults from Google.

OK so then let the fight(s) begin!!

Travel Bugs Vs Geocoins ........... Travel Bugs 23,000,000 - Geocoins 223,000 and the winner is .........Travel Bugs

Paid Events Vs Free Events (topical!) ........... Paid Events 203,000,000 - Free Events 1,830,000,000 ... the undisputed winner is Free Events! :D

Choccy M and M Vs Simply Paul ............ Choccy M and M 67,800 - Simply Paul 121,000,000 ..... Simply Paul wins :lol:

Got any debates or arguments you need to resolve? Who is the better cacher ... Andybug or Ladybird!! so let em fight and lets see the results here! Perhaps we can answer the time old question Micro caches Vs Tradidtional caches or who's the best mod Lactohornet or Ecky Thump?

Just remember its only a bit of fun, so please don't take too seriously!! ;)

Because of the way Google conducts searches - "Simply Paul" will search for documents containing those words. But ""Simply Paul"" will search for documents with the two words next to one another.

"Learned Gerbil" gets 187,000

""Learned Gerbil"" gets 29,300

So "Learned Gerbil" v "Simply Paul" gives a massive victory to me!

Edited by Learned Gerbil

Because of the way Google conducts searches - "Simply Paul" will search for documents containing those words. But ""Simply Paul"" will search for documents with the two words next to one another.

"Deego" = 69,200 you lose

:lol:-->

QUOTE(Old B @ Mar 28 2006, 02:29 PM) 2121427[/snapback]

I thought I would try my caching name:-

This is what Google said......

Results 1 - 10 of about 426,000,000 for ""Old B"". (0.38 seconds)

Did not know I was so well known!!!!!!

( I don't think they are ALL about me though)

Try "Old B " that space will skip anything that has a word beyond B. Anyone talking about you would have a space, someone talking about Old Barney their rude neighbor...would be skilled. At least that's how I think it works...

Reminds me of Googlewhacking (which I have been known to do)

Right! 'Deego ' Vs. 'Simply Paul ' = 72,400 Vs. 124 million (top 4 are me too - weird!) SP wins by a fat margin :lol:

'Dan ' Vs 'Pid ' = 749 million Vs 217 million. Dan Wins!

'caching ' Vs 'googling ' = 82.1m Vs 11.2m. Caching roolz!

'micro ' Vs 'ammo ' = 397m Vs 16.1m. It's clearly a Small world!!

'traditional ' Vs 'multi ' = 782m Vs 1.04BILLION. Multi by a short nose!

Good topic cM&Ms :D

Woody's Wanderers - 110 results.

Can you get any lower than that? We're unique (ish! :unsure: )

Fantastic way to waste a day. dungeons & dragons trashes playstation2!

i think i can beat that, freespirit1402 nets 668 but my 'other' persona i use elsewhere 'dreamthief1402' gets a whopping.....7! im unknown! fab :(

"Geo-Kate" gets 182 results. I wonder if any usernames (ar anyother GC related thing) gets a Google-Whack? From what I've heard, they are very hard to find these days...

Well I stuck in Martybartfast and got 960 hits (all me), including this one:

marridge contactLog by MartyBartfast for Love and Marridge (Multi-cache) Geocaching is a treasure hunting game where you use a GPS to hide and seek containers with other ...

russianwomendatingsites.com/c/marridge-contact.htm - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

which seems to be a log of a cache I did, that has somehow ended up on "russianwomendatingsites.com" :(. I promise it's not s site I've ever frequented but I haven't dared click on it for a look 'cos I'm at work :unsure:

Well I stuck in Martybartfast and got 960 hits (all me), including this one:

marridge contactLog by MartyBartfast for Love and Marridge (Multi-cache) Geocaching is a treasure hunting game where you use a GPS to hide and seek containers with other ...

russianwomendatingsites.com/c/marridge-contact.htm - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

which seems to be a log of a cache I did, that has somehow ended up on "russianwomendatingsites.com" :huh:. I promise it's not s site I've ever frequented but I haven't dared click on it for a look 'cos I'm at work :unsure:

LOL, I checked the site out, and, it is exactly what it seems :(

At the bottom half of the page, there seems to be results of an embede search with the criteria seeming to be 'contact' and 'marridge'. Your log from the cache is on that page! I have NO idea why :D