Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Kit Fox

I Need Help With A Cw Project.

Hello,

I want to create Geocache using a wav file that plays Morse code. The key difference is that I want to simulate CW under "real life conditions." I'm a General Class Ham, and remember making many CW contacts on 40 Meters. The DX station would fade in then back out due to the Radio interferance as well as fading propogation.

Does anyone know how I can create such a file? Here is an excellent example of what I want to do. Agent Boxcar

You might try Morse Runner by VE3NEA it's a CW contest simulator but it might let you do what you want. Unfortunately I don't know were to tell you to get it but I'm sure if you do a search it will pop up.

Hope that helps.

I'll give it a try and see how well it works. I googled it, and it came up easily.

Thanks for your help.

I'll give it a try and see how well it works. I googled it, and it came up easily.

Thanks for your help.

The other option is you can find someone to "simulate" it for you. Such as taking an audio editor and adding static and fades. I've done a little with editing but not enough to be able to do it for you, I'm sure someone out of these thousands does however.

Or even better, have a QSO with someone and tell them to copy your message back to you, and then capture it back with your computer. It wouldn't get much better sounding than that. :lol:

--Marky

Or even better, have a QSO with someone and tell them to copy your message back to you, and then capture it back with your computer. It wouldn't get much better sounding than that. :D

--Marky

That is JUST what I was thinking. With the lethargic sun we'v been stuck with lately, a fading signal is EASY to find!!! :D