Cito Event In Albuquerque

I am in the midst of putting together a CITO even in NW Albuquerque. I wanted to get a little feel for the subject on this forum. It's going to be in Calabasitas arroyo north of Paradise Hills and southwest of Rio Rancho.

April 22nd 2006 (tentative)

Southeast end 35о 12.65’ N 106о 42.73’W Drainage control area

Northwest end 35о 14.48’ N 106о 45.06’W Universe rd and Calabasitas

Staging area 35о 13’ N 106о 43.63’W Universe rd and Calabasitas

I'm already in contact with all the appropriate govt agencies and looking into help from local business. I'm also trying to join forces with a couple local off road clubs for some extra help. I'd like to do a few prizes (pending business help) and maybe have a cookout at the end.

Lets get some feedback going here and I’ll keep this thread updated with new news about the event.

Chris aka GoOutSideAndPlay

I'm already in contact with all the appropriate govt agencies and looking into help from local business. I'm also trying to join forces with a couple local off road clubs for some extra help.

Good for you! That's great.

Go ahead and post your cache page, as that is the best way to advertise your idea to the local cachers.

:)

Events must be posted at least 2 weeks in advance of the event date, as well.

Good luck!

Ok, were on. Check out the cache page for details!

Calabasitas Clean Up

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...af-1ec9e4e4db52

Lets get as much support out there as we can. This is a great area, and if we can build up enough momentum with an event like this, we'll be able to keep doing more and really make a differance out on the west mesa and get some of that illegal dumping taken care of.

THANKS!

Question, does anyone know if Groudspeak ever provides bags or any other supplies for CITO events?

You ask someone like Home Depot or a local hardware store if they would be willing to donate trash bags.

Just make sure to designate one person as the photographer and put together a CD or a photo album to give to all the sponsors so they can see the results.