Suggestion -- Indicate That I Have Logged Cache

BirdManOfCT

When I am looking at a particular cache, I would like to know that I have already logged that cache. I get this kind of information as a result of a search or a PQ, but not on the individual cache page.

This has been brought up before and, like last time, I agree - this would be a cool enhancement. Granted, the find status shows in lists, but there are other means to get to a cache listing where the find status is not so obvious. In those cases, having this at the top when the page is pulled up would save pullin gup all logs and searching for your entry or going back to your finds and then back to the cache page again for whatever you went there for in the first place. Would it save some user time? Sure. Would it save some server time? Maybe, but who knows what overhead pullin ghte find status would incur. Less than when generating a list, I suspect. I any evetn, it would still be a nice little feature.

When I am looking at a particular cache, I would like to know that I have already logged that cache. I get this kind of information as a result of a search or a PQ, but not on the individual cache page.

Cache pages offer the option to search for nearby caches and exclude ones you have found.

&f=1

Add that to the PQ option, that should cover it.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Cache pages offer the option to search for nearby caches and exclude ones you have found.

&f=1

Add that to the PQ option, that should cover it.

I think what the OP means is that when the cache page itself is displayed - for whatever reason - there should be a message on it saying you've logged it.

For example, someone might post a link to a cache in this forum, and when you click on it to bring the cache page up, it would be nice to be able to see at once "a-ha, I already found this", and even better, "on yyyy-mm-dd".

GSAK does this in the offline view of found caches (albeit without including the "found" date in the message). It should be about five minutes programming work on the cache page. I vote for :lol:

It might take 5 minutes of programming but I'm sure one more query to the DB wouldn't be great for the server load. :lol:

If you really must know, get the Greasemonkey script.

TotalsByLogType2.png

I am a new user to Firefox and I would love to use this option, BUT I can't seem to figure out how to install it. blink.gif Can you help?
First you have to install Greasemonkey. (Click the install link in the middle of the page and select [OK]. After installing GM, you can load any user scripts you want. Right click on the link to the script and select Install User Script.

It might take 5 minutes of programming but I'm sure one more query to the DB wouldn't be great for the server load. :lol:

Ah, but if it saved one user in 100 from clicking "show all logs" to see if s/he had already logged it, we'd be well ahead of the game.

That said, the Greasemonkey script is terrific. Except for the IE diehards, of course. :huh:

It's all a question of design... You can always make any web page with just one trip to the database. ;-) Making that trip efficient is what's important. And sometimes it's actually more efficient to make more trips.