High Load Gc Web Access - Premium Only?

NotThePainter

I mentioned this in another thread, there was some support but it was buried in a slew of "the site is working, the site is not working" messages.

Would Groundspeak consider, at least temporarily, limiting logging access to the geocaching.com to premium members during high load periods? You could still see cache pages, but you couldn't log caches, TBs, coins etc if you were non-premium untill the load dropped.

This would at least make the web site usuable for some members until a more permanent mechanism would be in place.

Let the death-threats fly...

Paul

(And for the record my wife and I both have premium accounts, our kids don't.)

Would Groundspeak consider, at least temporarily, limiting logging access to the geocaching.com to premium members during high load periods? You could still see cache pages, but you couldn't log caches, TBs, coins etc if you were non-premium untill the load dropped.

Wouldn't that encourage more TBs to become lost from whatever cache its supposed to be in?? ;)

Also, if theres too many trying to move around at the same time, why not encourage people to stay away totally on weekends with PQs and gsak? (or is restricting access to logging going to save enough time that page viewing won't matter? )

It's better for us to fix the problem instead of trying to monetize it. We have some coding changes to make this week that will reduce the load on the database. Hopefully it'll make at least a temporary improvement while we figure out bigger solutions.

Jeremy

It's better for us to fix the problem instead of trying to monetize it. We have some coding changes to make this week that will reduce the load on the database. Hopefully it'll make at least a temporary improvement while we figure out bigger solutions.

Jeremy

Thanks for continuing to reply to all of our posted frustrations and keeping us informed as to planned fixes!