Aiken Sc Get Together

UOTrackers

Greetings Cachers!

My name is Jennifer and I am part of Team UOTrackers. I am planning to have an eat and greet get together on April 13th. It’s a Thursday evening and I am planning it for 6:30 pm. It will be at Ryan’s here in Aiken. I am writing to you prior to posting this event because I am trying to get an idea of how many people will attend, so that I can get the party room guaranteed private. We need 25 participants for it to be private. If you could write back to me by Wednesday March 29th and let me know if you’d be able to make it, it would really help me out.

Topics for discussion will be:

· Caching in Aiken. (And other area’s)

· Talking to land managers/seeking permission

· Upcoming CITO event in planning stages

· Possible creation of an Aiken Area Caching Group

· Any other topic brought up!

Everyone is welcome, you don't have to be in the Aiken area, come on over from Columbia, Augusta or anywhere else! There will also be: food of course! A drawing for any TB’s, coins, caches or other items brought to the meeting, and a whole lot of fun just getting to meet one another! Family and Friends are requested, not just welcome, and feel free to bring along anyone who might be interested in starting up caching!

Thanks so much for your help!

Jennifer (AKA Brae of UOTrackers)

I'd almost be willing to bet that you will get a much better turnout than you will get responses.

We choose ours to be at a Shoneys on a Monday so there are few requirements along the line of having to put down any money or guarantee a certain number of folks. If it goes well, we'll adjust to what the group wants as we go.

The point I'm trying to make is to try to not get discouraged if you're not getting too much of a response. We figured if no one shows up Sissy and I would just have a meal together. If you're concerned about minimum requirements then look for a place that doesn't have one.

Actually, I think a worse thing is to have a lot more folks show up than you are prepared for than not enough. It's tough to judge and I'm finding from previous meets that you simply will not know how many will show up until you see their faces. I'm sure a monthly meet will eventually settle to rough number, but until then, you just don't know. Just try to be flexible.

EDIT TO ADD: Weekdays would be tough for either of us to go far as Sissy, and I for a short time, get up very, very early. Tomorrow, her alarm is set for 1am and mine 3am. We'd not be able to make it to your meet.

Edited by CoyoteRed

Bottom line for an event cache is never plan one by the logs only, you always end up with more people then you get to log just because people have last minutes plans change that allow them to show up at an event they did not think they could make. I promise you, you will have at least me and hopefully diskdevil there for company

I promise you, you will have at least me and hopefully diskdevil there for company

Oh Lord.

Ya'll are too funny! I'm looking forward to this and will go from there. Now I just have to go sit in the parkign lot for about 10 minutes and get some co-ords! The listing should be up tomorrow!

Post the listing TONIGHT...trust me...

Guidelines state 2 weeks at mininium prior to the day of the event, but most reviewers like to get the request well before that if possible.

Side note-- I will be spending the day down there caching so anyone is welcome to join me, just let me know

Well first of all...he is a SHE! C'mon we met at the meet up at Saluda Shoals just 2 weeks ago. I had the little baby girl with me :unsure: Anyway I meant funny, haha, laughing, funny.

Guidelines state 2 weeks at mininium prior to the day of the event, but most reviewers like to get the request well before that if possible.

Side note-- I will be spending the day down there caching so anyone is welcome to join me, just let me know

It's been posted, waiting approval. Hopefully a few more caches will be in Aiken by the time April 13th arrives. Then I'll be out of commission for 2 weeks and will gear back up in May!

Well first of all...he is a SHE! C'mon we met at the meet up at Saluda Shoals just 2 weeks ago. I had the little baby girl with me :unsure: Anyway I meant funny, haha, laughing, funny.

Where did the whole he/she thing come from?