Slow Site

I think this site needs to get more bandwidth or something, so many people are joining this site is horrible now. It just took me a half an hour to log 6 caches that should have only taken 5 minutes to do , then for some reason it logged one of my finds twice.

I also have had difficulty with the site. Specifically this appears to happen on the weekends when most of us do the majority of our caching and logging. Geocaching.com is the backbone of the recreation. We need a strong website. Perhaps they do need to buy more bandwith, servers or what ever. As geocachers we need to encourage all other geocachers to become premium members in order to help out the website. I'm sure the site costs lots of money to run and keep running.

extremely frustrating - same thing happened last year - i am pleased to pay for a premium membership, and i assume that that money goes towards maintaining/upgrading the servers

time to upgrade, clearly...

As a former geek, it looks like more servers are in order. When we joined on Jan 12 06, there were approx. 229K caches. The number of logs and users has increased dramatically. Increasing the bandwidth doesn't help when there are just too many hits on the server(s) for them to handle the traffic. The queues (lines you wait in while you are waiting for server access) just get longer and longer. I'm a dial-up, and I'm timing out frequently now, which means I can't log my finds on the same day. I did not have this problem in January.

I know it's Spring, and cache numbers and users are increasing, but how about you more experienced cachers? Does this happen every year?

Hey Groundspeak, here is definitely need to do something very fast !!!

In the past problems only occured on weekend. Now it is not possible to reach gc.com during the week. Summer is coming and this situation will not getting better. So please do something. It´s very frustrating especially for a paying premium member.

When we first joined, if I typed my zip code in the search engine there were only about 700 hits for caches in that area. Now, there are almost 3000! Anyway, it's now not just a weekend thing. As I type this, it's 4:30 AM on the East Coast, it just took me half an hour to log one silly Travel Bug. We just had our first nice "spring" type weekend here, so all those cachers who can't be bothered to go out in the snow and cold are now busy hammering on Groundspeak's servers.