Helping A Newbie

I am sure this has been discussed before but if someone could help me out that would be WONDERFUL. I understand that Waymarking is a way to deal with locationless caches but do you have to send info to the waymark owner or post pics or is this an honor system (I know they are all to some extent an honor system). But I have looked at the ones in my area and they give a piece of history about the place and no "instruction" so does that mean we just log it if we visit that place?

Thanks for letting me know

Amy

I am sure this has been discussed before but if someone could help me out that would be WONDERFUL. I understand that Waymarking is a way to deal with locationless caches but do you have to send info to the waymark owner or post pics or is this an honor system (I know they are all to some extent an honor system). But I have looked at the ones in my area and they give a piece of history about the place and no "instruction" so does that mean we just log it if we visit that place?

Thanks for letting me know

Amy

Look at the logging instructions for the category along with any for the individual waymark. Categories often have the logging instructions of what is required. Quite often it is a picture, sometimes what is required in the picture can be quite specific.

Honestly, I usually go with the defaults that applied to most Virtuals.

Take a picture of the item, and again with GPS in hand, and another with me in the picture.

If I was supposed to do more, I am happy to return. Course if I was on vacation, I would do what Bruce and Ambrosia said... which also happens to be the correct answer.

Not to drum up another debate... but if you went there, you went there... and if you didn't and said you did... who are you cheating? :unsure:

:) The Blue Quasar

Edited by The Blue Quasar