Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
codeman3

Fcc License

I'd like to get my FCC lisence but I don't know if 13 year olds are aloud and what all's involved. I've checked out the web and stuff but cant find anything. I'd just like to get a regular lisence that you ONCE needed and call letters for it.

Thank you,-----------------> Codeman3

I'd like to get my FCC lisence but I don't know if 13 year olds are aloud and what all's involved. I've checked out the web and stuff but cant find anything. I'd just like to get a regular lisence that you ONCE needed and call letters for it.

I'm assuming your in the USA?

Q: Are there any age requirements to get an amateur radio license?

A: No, anyone can obtain an amateur radio license as long as they pass the license exam.

I'm not sure what you mean by"once needed" but the tech no code license is about as regular as they come, as far as testing requirements that is. Alot to be enjoyed with this license, good luck and here is a link with some answers regarding such.

http://w5ac.tamu.edu/newham.php

Edited by Tayter Salad

You may also want to check out www.Hello-Radio.org , it's dedicated to introducing Ham Radio to interested people.

There is also www.qrz.com, which has a lot of information, and easy to use practice tests.

Incidently, I am a counselor for the Radio merit badge for Boy Scouts. The Technician license is easier to get than the merit badge, and I know of ham licensees as young as 8 years old.

If you want to do it, you can! (You may learn some pretty interesting stuff along the way.)

My ham license is what got me interested in technical stuff, and led directly to me deciding what I wanted to do for a living....

Dave_W6DPS

You could also try the book "Now You're talking" it is a regular on my book shelf and I am still learning. Good luck

Codeman,

Yes 13 year olds are able to get licensed. you can go to http://www.arrl.org for more informaiton or http://www.hello-radio.org . Look for the "VEs" to contact locally to get licensed. The tests are given by Volunteer Examiners "VEs" in your area.

73 KD6DUN

Depending on what area you live in your local ham radio club should be a GREAT starting point. If you have difficulty finding one in your area keep your eyes open... By that I mean that while you are out with an adult keep your eyes peeled for Ham Radio License Plates in your home town. If you find one (and you are with an adult) ask the person if they belong to a local club or if they can point you in the right direction. Most hams would be more than happy to help out. What area are you from? I'll see if I can find the info for a club in your area. Check out our local clubs wesite for some Ham links and so forth. www.w3pie.org If you have any questions just ask. :D

Lancaster Area Radio Club

http://www.geocities.com/k3ir_sparc/index.htm

A: No, anyone can obtain an amateur radio license as long as they pass the license exam.

I'm not sure what you mean by"once needed" but the tech no code license is about as regular as they come, as far as testing requirements that is. Alot to be enjoyed with this license, good luck and here is a link with some answers regarding such.

Well way back when :D before my time, you had to have a license to operate or talk on should I say a CB radio am I correct?

Well way back when :grin: before my time, you had to have a license to operate or talk on should I say a CB radio am I correct?

Yes you did need a license for CB (many moons ago) but that is no longer the case. FRS is also a license free communication, but GRMS is not. You do need a license for those frequencies and they are not covered by Ham licenses either.