New San Diego Cacher

ScreaminIan

Well some buddies on anther site (Glamisdunes.com) have been talking about geocaching so I did a quick search to see what was close to my house, one was 1/2 a mile away (washtub falls). So I went down and finally found it. It was a fun experience and plan on doing it again.

Welcome to the fun SreaminIan. You're going to had a good time and San Diego has a great group of geocachers.

I know there's lots of desert caches out there you can find on your quad or buggy too.

Thanks guys, not much of a puzzle guy but I do like to figure things out, maybe this well occupy my time while I am waiting for desert season to start again.

Ian, you'll never look at the desert the same after you start caching... You'll start looking at every bush and rock pile, and then you'll start mumbling to yourself. Welcome to the world of geocaching! There is a pizza event on Wednesday night if you are interested in meeting some of the San Diego cachers. :unsure:

ScreaminIan,

Do you own the property at the intersection of Mesa Grande Rd and Black Canyon Rd? Is that your property with the landing strip . . . . The one I've always thought was the property in Ann Rand's Atlas Shrugged?

Wow . . . .

I grew up in the mountains outside of Salt Lake City. Not that far from town but it was a ways away from the closest store.

Welcome to Geocachin.' We'll be looking for you on the trail.

drexotic

ScreaminIan,

Do you own the property at the intersection of Mesa Grande Rd and Black Canyon Rd? Is that your property with the landing strip . . . . The one I've always thought was the property in Ann Rand's Atlas Shrugged?

Wow . . . .

I grew up in the mountains outside of Salt Lake City. Not that far from town but it was a ways away from the closest store.

Welcome to Geocachin.' We'll be looking for you on the trail.

drexotic

nope, thats not my property, his parcel is over 400 acres. I am kinda across the street.

Thanks for all the kind words, the bro and I went out today and found the stone bridge #2 cache, fun stuff.

One of my other buddies hid a few caches in Glamis this past weekend, so if they are posted I will go see if I can find one or two when I am out next time.

Thanks for all the kind words, the bro and I went out today and found the stone bridge #2 cache, fun stuff.

My family and I met you at Stone Bridge. I meant to introduce myself, but you seemed uncomfortable with having gotten caught at a cache. We were also excited because that was our 100th find and it was the first time all five of us had been geocaching together. Welcome to the obsession.

Edited by Don Coyote