Premium Member..whats The Deal....

. . .(If only I could just make it so only cachers with a set number of finds instead of PM status could see the listing, I think I'd like MOC's.)

What an excellent idea! I love PMOCs, and use that status often for our caches, but I would also LOVE to be able to enact a second criteria of "you cannot see the coordinates for this listing unless and until you have at least 25 finds of caches with ratings of 2.5/2.5 or higher."

Thanks for a wonderful idea for an excellent screening tool!

I would also LOVE to be able to enact a second criteria of "you cannot see the coordinates for this listing unless and until you have at least 25 finds of caches with ratings of 2.5/2.5 or higher."

That sounds more like what I want, (Not quite though, you still got that PM thing in there.) I don't want to restrict users based on thier Membership status (If they paid or not.), but then on some caches I want newbies, and people who just create an account to see coords, filtered out. Audit log is cool, but I know there are ways around it.

I heard that there is a ultra wing of the'' premium members''that is controlled by the CIA and you have to be tapped by a skull and bones man to get in..G,dubya himself is sapposed to be a member..i guess G,WASHINGTON was an original member and they used georges original 1776 model yellow etrix to set the corner stone of the white house....makes me wonder though,where did they get the batteries for thier gps,ers way back then ? boy i just gotsta get in now....

I would also LOVE to be able to enact a second criteria of "you cannot see the coordinates for this listing unless and until you have at least 25 finds of caches with ratings of 2.5/2.5 or higher."

That sounds more like what I want, (Not quite though, you still got that PM thing in there.) I don't want to restrict users based on thier Membership status (If they paid or not.), but then on some caches I want newbies, and people who just create an account to see coords, filtered out. Audit log is cool, but I know there are ways around it.

Oops! I was not clear enuf in my original posting! What I was proposing was a screening category which was ideally to be entirely separate from the criteria of "Premium Member Only".

Oops! I was not clear enuf in my original posting! What I was proposing was a screening category which was ideally to be entirely separate from the criteria of "Premium Member Only".

Oh yeah, that would be cool. I like it! (Were thinking the same thing, I just didn't see it.)

Aww come on folks you gotta do better tham this to convince me to be a PM. I just cant do the tofu horse head thing yet. You are dealing with the biggest penny pincher going, baby sparks shoot out of my a__ cauz I'm so tight :huh:;):D

For that reason I'm not sure if we want you in our hot tub :lol: Electricity and water don't mix well! :D:D

I like alot of the features, such as the notifications when caches are published, etc. On the other hand, I am hoping some of my money will be going towards more servers so they don't get so overloaded on weekends and very little of it towards WM.COM since I don't use it. Maybe they could split that off and just use money from the people who actually use it.

I sure have been missing alot of perks! how did is miss all those??

Seriously, I don't think it is a question of "what are the benefits." Even though Pocket Queries are worth it to me alone, there are other more important reasons:

1. Geocaching.com is THE only place where we as geocachers have to really make our hobby work. It is the central clearing house for all caches. It tells us when new caches have been placed, we can track TB's, etc. etc. etc. For no other reason, we as geocachers should support Geocaching.com as a matter of principle. We drive 30 miles and spend $3.00 for gas, but balk at spending $3.00 a MONTH for something that gives us so much benefit.

2. See #1.

3. See #1

4. See #1

That about says it. If we gain benefit we should support it.

geofindr.

I'm not cool enough anymore. I have to be a premium member.

Sue and I have not one but two premium member accounts so we an each better track the types of caches which we love and so that we can each have a separate identity on the national forums. As a long-term premium member, I will take a big risk and stick my neck out waaaay far and reveal a few of the best kept-secrets about premium memberships and the people who enjoy them:

• we have not only a secret handshake but a secret smile.
  • we have access to listings for very high-quality caches which are not available to regular members.
  • our GPS receivers have an added module that tells us when any other Premium Member is within five miles of our location, and the screen displays their name(s) and maps their location(s).
  • there are top-secret (and very wild) parties held every Friday night and Sunday night for premium members; attendance is free for us.
  • our specially-modified GPS receivers work even in downtown areas of cities when shielded by tall buildings, and even inside steel and concrete buildings, and even underground.
  • we have access to special satellite signals which allow us to get within four inches of a cache location, rather than the normal error margin of seven to thirty feet.
  • we are invited to special dinner functions every Wednesday evening, aand all the food and drink is free.
  • we are invited to screenings of major feature movies two months before they are released to the movies.
  • due to a special engine gadget which we are given, our cars get 40% better gas mileage than those of regular members.
  • we are able to purchase gasoline for 30% of the going price anywhere in the world (except for Croatia.)
  • we are entitled to free charter use of one of the 4,000 Bell Jet helicopters owned by geocaching.com for one hour per week (or 4.4 hours per month) for geocaching outings to remote cache sites.
  • we have free use of any Lear jets in the fleet of 290 Geo Lear jets, with two charter pilots on each craft ready and waiting.
  • we are given 48 hours advance notice of all new caches about to be approved.
  • if we get stuck finding a well-hidden cache, we pull out our remote cache sensor unit, press the "A" button, and the cache we are hunting immediately emits a loud beeping sound for one minute, while flashing a 400,000 lumen strobe light to enable us to find it immediately.
  • when out in the field cache-hunting, we have a special device attached to our GPSr which contains the phone number, cell phone number and email address of every cache hider and every geocacher in the world, so that at the push of a button we can call a cache hider or past finder and ask for some hints on how to find the cache.
  • If we truly cannot find a cache or it has gone missing, we are entitled to claim a find on it anyway due to our Premium member perks.
  • As Premium members, we are able to get caches approved in locations which are blatantly dangerous, insane and illegal, such as in abandoned nuclear reactors (i.e., GCTA5E), in toxic waste dumps, or in sewage lagoons.
  • We get free instant bail service worldwide whenever we get arrested while retrieving a cache.
  • We get free use of a Russian Mir mini depth-exploring submarine and its service tender boat anywhere in the Atlantic Ocean for retrieval of deep sea underwater caches from depths ranging from 1 mile to 2.6 miles beneath the surface of the sea.

To the other Premium members: Folks, sorry for giving away so many of our secret perks, but it was only matter of time before they figured it out anyway!

Man, Oh Man! I gotta have one of them there MEMBERSHIPS!!! <_<