What Gps Software Do Yall Use

I used eay GPS when I got started but I switched to GSAK after a few months with easy GPS.

For loading maps into one of my GPS units I use Magellan Map send Topo 3D, of Map send Direct route.

I also use the following Non GPS mapping software, these softwares can be use to display your current postion in a pocket PC when you link the pocket PC to your GPS.

For loading street maps the display caches in areas I plan to cache in I use Microsoft Streets and Trips pocket streets.

When I want to print a Topo map that show the caches in and area I use National Geographic Topo Ca.

I use EasyGPS because its easy to use, cheap (free) and does everthing I need too do... Which is basically move data between PC and GPS...

Dale

I just started using a Magellan Meridian GPS and downloaded Easy GPS, but I can't transfer waypoints back and forth between my GPS and my computer. I keep getting the message "No data was received from the GPS". I have it set to connect to COM1 at 19200 baud (whatever that means). I think I probably have to change some settings, but I don't know what. Any ideas?

I use EasyGPS because its easy to use, cheap (free) and does everthing I need too do... Which is basically move data between PC and GPS...

Dale

I just started using a Magellan Meridian GPS and downloaded Easy GPS, but I can't transfer waypoints back and forth between my GPS and my computer. I keep getting the message "No data was received from the GPS". I have it set to connect to COM1 at 19200 baud (whatever that means). I think I probably have to change some settings, but I don't know what. Any ideas?

Set the BAUD rate to 9600. :):):)

Dale

Set the BAUD rate to 9600. :):):(

Thanks! I just tried that and it is still giving me the same error message. It doesn't seem to be connecting to the GPS at all. I have several waypoints in the database under User, but it isn't finding them. I have tried on different computers and it does the same thing. Any other ideas would be really appreciated. (Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, but I thought someone in this thread would know Easy GPS).

I use EasyGPS (came with GeoNiche) on my Mac to convert .loc files to .pdb files for the Palm. On the Palm I use TomTom Navigator with the cache locations indicated on the map as an .ov2 file. Then I used GeoNiche to manage the cache data (like CacheMate) and to hunt down the cache (like regular GPSr software).

You can filter the caches in GSAK and then Export those caches to Mapsource to see where they are, for instance, to check your Arc/Poly filter to make sure it picked up the caches you wanted along the route you selected.

You can download an update to your Mapsource from the Garmin site. I think the latest version is 6.10.2. It can read the .gpx files directly.

Dale

Set the BAUD rate to 9600. :anibad::laughing::)

Thanks! I just tried that and it is still giving me the same error message. It doesn't seem to be connecting to the GPS at all. I have several waypoints in the database under User, but it isn't finding them. I have tried on different computers and it does the same thing. Any other ideas would be really appreciated. (Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread, but I thought someone in this thread would know Easy GPS).

Set the Baud rate to 4800. In your software, make sure your cord is attached to the "com". Set the baud rate in the software to the same as gps. I am new to this and i use easy GPS. The help menue helped me LOADS!

I use a CF GPSr in a HP IPAQ hx4700.

first of all I put my pocket queries into google earth....

to get a good idea of Geographical location....

I use GPS Babel to convert the GPX to microsoft streets and trips.

edit the file in excel and swap the Name and description colums...

then import into streets and trips, then export a map to the IPAQ

I use GPX sonar to read my GPX listings on the IPAQ, and use Pocket Streets and Trips to get to the cache area.

Then I Use BeeLine GPS to take me the last mile...

MS Pocket Streets and Trips hasn't changed in 3 or 4 years, and is lacking many good features

for the Cacher....

If anyone knows of a Pocket PC app that blends the best features of Beeline and Pocket Streets and trips please let me know.... That would be great.

This might be a little off topic. If it is just move it.

I noticed that alot of users also told what handheld device they used. So I thought I would ask what Handheld device you use with your GPS software since I want to get a handheld device.

Carl

What gps software do yall use, i use easy gps.

I started with Easy GPS (everyone should start with Easy GPS because it is so easy).

I then moved up to GSAK because it can make the most use of the limited text memory in my Garmin GPSMAP60C. Now that Mapsource reads loc files it is probably as easy as Easy GPS but doesn't replace GSAK. I will often load from GSAK into my GPS (never the other way around) and then from my GPS to Mapsource. That way I've got a bigger screen to view the map and caches.