Best Online Trading List?

islander1988

Since my credit card bills have been higher than usual since Christmas for some reason :huh: I'm starting to look more at trading my extra geocoins for others I like rather than always buying. I figure an online trading list would help, and I could just make a list on my webpage, but not a lot of people would necessarily find it. So I'm checking out what seem to be the two biggest online trading list sites.

From what I've seen, CoinTracking is a bit cheaper, has variable commitment periods, and allows you to enter coins for which they don't have icons. But they don't seem to have nearly as many coin pictures available as the alternative and searchability is limited.

The nicest things about the GeoCoinCollection site is the wealth of pictures so you can see what you're trading for and a much larger database of coins you can search for by name. However when I tried the free trial I didn't see a way to add coins they didn't have in the database, and in my limited browsing I found what looked like one or two coins listed twice. It also only seemed to have half as many people as CoinTracking which means fewer people might be looking at my list.

So, for those using these services for trading (especially if you've used both) which do you think is the better to go with? Thanks!

(And if this has been hashed out before, if someone could send me the thread link that'd be great.)

Edited by islander1988

I use cointracking and I'm happy with that :(

The think I am bothered about Cointracking is their strict invitory controlls where I can add coins to my seeking list. What they say if I can't add to my seeking list that I would have to tell the owner to incrase their edition listing or I would have to pay $10 to add it. This seems to be a problem and I can't even set up my own trading list becasue of it.

I believe thecachingplace.com = geocoincollection as of a couple weeks ago.

And I love thecachingplace, it's where my list is. They've always been great about adding new coins to their database as soon as they are told about them (helps if you point them to a picture, too). I find their approach easier to understand, navigate, and use to manage my collection or view others'.

It does have few folks than cointracking, but heck, I just link to my trade list in my signature. I get several inquiries a week, on average.

I use cointracking and I'm happy with that :unsure:

The think I am bothered about Cointracking is their strict invitory controlls where I can add coins to my seeking list. What they say if I can't add to my seeking list that I would have to tell the owner to incrase their edition listing or I would have to pay $10 to add it. This seems to be a problem and I can't even set up my own trading list becasue of it.

Not true. You need to learn to the system a little better.

I have been very happy with contracking.com

I use cointracking and I'm happy with that :unsure:

you can add any coins you want to to your list. They don't necessarily need to be ones that are already created in the system. The fact that you can click on a coin on someone elses list and it will be added to yours (undefined status) makes it easy to manage your list. If you don't find one that's on the list, you can add your own.

Coin editions is where they have strict cointrols, but that is due to the fact that they allow people to sell their coins on the site. Those controls are used to keep inventory for the managers of those editions.

At the top of you account there is a link you can click to add an undefined coin. There you can add the name and picture and other details.

It took a while for me to get used to their system, but I prefer it over Geocoin Collections (TPC) because of the ability to edit and control my listings. and I am not an edition owner.