North- And South Pole Geocoin

Psychochicken

I decided to start this topic again with a new, non misleading title...

THE TIME HAS COME !!!

From this moment on, the [moderator edited - please place a direct link to the coin here]NORTH- and SOUTH POLE geocoins[/url] can be ordered here!

On this site you can also see some pictures of the sample coins.

On earth there are two spots with very special coordinates: the North Pole and the South Pole.

The peculiar of these spots is, that they are exactly fixed with only one coordinate.

Also peculiar is, that on these coordinates no caches are hidden (yet).... To relate the poles with Geocaching, these coins are made.

On one side of the coins, you can see where the poles are located, on the other side a typical inhabitant of the surroundings of the poles is imaged.

As the North Pole can't exist without the South Pole, these geocoins will only be sold in a set. Only 500 sets will be produced.

The coins are currently being manufactured and will be sent in the middle of April.

nspoles.jpg

Edited by Eartha

Great Idea and really nice design!!! :laughing:

Bad luck the "gun" Edition is sold out, but the coins of the "nickel" Edition look really good. I'll order some sets and hope they'll reach me before my brothers birthday...

Thank You (Ron) psychochicken

april 15 is still the expectect day to send them ?

Grtz D.L.

The factory mailed me that the coins will be ready on 10 April.

I hope, that I will have shipped them all before Eastern!

Didn't Eastern go out of business? I remember flying with them years ago. :unsure:

Edited by Doc-Dean

Good news for all who ordered (and payed for) the Pole coins:

Yesterday the coins were shipped :laughing: . From the Psychochicken coin I have the experience that it can take between one week and four or more weeks :anibad: to receive the coins in USA.

There are some orderers who didn't pay, so if someone still wants to order a set of nickel coins, please send me an e-mail (there are even a few golden coins left).

Ron