What Does "quarter Till" Mean

If halbe funf (half five) means 4:30 in German and "half 5 " means 5:30 in Ireland and half past 5 means 5:30 at my grandma's house, then I guess "quarter till" means veer und funfzig nach funf (5:45) in German and a fortnight is 2 weeks in Ireland, so obviously "a quarter till" means BOTH 15 minutes until the hour or 45 minutes past the hour. Could also mean West, 270 degrees, "to your left", or as previously mentioned a farming job 25% done. Make sense? :ph34r:

One of the things lost by the upcoming generation is the whole concept of "clockwise" and "counterclockwise." Analog clocks are a novelty - if they don't actually have numbers on them the young'uns are lost! (Generally - there are exceptions)

Just to keep the young'uns confused, I have a clock like this on my desk at work :)

1e_2.JPG

One of the things lost by the upcoming generation is the whole concept of "clockwise" and "counterclockwise." Analog clocks are a novelty - if they don't actually have numbers on them the young'uns are lost! (Generally - there are exceptions)

Just to keep the young'uns confused, I have a clock like this on my desk at work :D

1e_2.JPG

I love that clock! Where did you find that? I've got a few not-so-young'uns that would be confused by that :)