Pocket Query Trouble

I cannot see where to contact anyone by email. just tried pocket query five times - the max allowed today. None worked right - it gave only the one cache at the co-ords and not the other ones within 20 miles. Why am I paying for premium then? Looks like all the caches will be done by hand - a nonsense isn,t it. Looks like I will now have to enter all 14 caches into my gps by hand. What a nonsense guys.

I cannot see where to contact anyone by email. just tried pocket query five times - the max allowed today. None worked right - it gave only the one cache at the co-ords and not the other ones within 20 miles. Why am I paying for premium then? Looks like all the caches will be done by hand - a nonsense isn,t it. Looks like I will now have to enter all 14 caches into my gps by hand. What a nonsense guys.

As LG said, can't really help unless we know what was/wasn't ticked. As someone once told us though - keep 'em simple, PQ's are a pain in the a.

One other tip is don't tick the "Days to Generate" box until you are 100% happy with the query. You can still run dummy PQ's if you click "Submit Information" and then the "... run the search ..." link on the next page to check what you'll get, if you get nothing back or your not happy with it at least you haven't wasted a Pocket Query.

I run a daily PQ and it didn't run yesterday for some reason. This is the first time that has happened (even on a weekend) since they did away with the process of having to re-tick the boxes to keep it running.

I hope this isn't a sign of new PQ problems :laughing:

I ran the same queries today and hey presto all worked fine. It must have been a glick yesterday.

<<Why am I paying for premium then? Looks like all the caches will be done by hand - a nonsense isn,t it. Looks like I will now have to enter all 14 caches into my gps by hand. What a nonsense guys.>>

Strikes us you don't know what you're at!! We downloaded 500 PQs yesterday, loaded them into GSAK..sorted the ones we were interested in and had them on our PDA and GPS in 5 minutes flat!

<<Why am I paying for premium then? Looks like all the caches will be done by hand - a nonsense isn,t it. Looks like I will now have to enter all 14 caches into my gps by hand. What a nonsense guys.>>

Strikes us you don't know what you're at!! We downloaded 500 PQs yesterday, loaded them into GSAK..sorted the ones we were interested in and had them on our PDA and GPS in 5 minutes flat!

I found that reply to say the least insulting and rude. If you had of bothered to read todays comment as well as yesterdays you would have seen I sure know where I am 'at'' - as today it worked fine inputting the same data. Nice that cachers in this area are not as rude..

I run a daily PQ and it didn't run yesterday for some reason. This is the first time that has happened (even on a weekend) since they did away with the process of having to re-tick the boxes to keep it running.

I hope this isn't a sign of new PQ problems :laughing:

Same for me, the last PQ's I had where Friday at 4 am

I've discovered a new problem today :)

I received my PQ as usual at 2am this morning and loaded it into GSAK manually as I normally do. It loaded up nicely but I notice that the most recent caches only have the date it was logged and the member who logged it. The contents of the log are missing!

Has anyone else found this problem yesterday/today?

I hope the new PQ that comes today will rectify the problem :(

I've discovered a new problem today :)

I received my PQ as usual at 2am this morning and loaded it into GSAK manually as I normally do. It loaded up nicely but I notice that the most recent caches only have the date it was logged and the member who logged it. The contents of the log are missing!

Has anyone else found this problem yesterday/today?

I hope the new PQ that comes today will rectify the problem :(

YUP, same problem. Cachers name and date, but no comments. Recieved GPX file 28/3/06 3.28

Have you opened them in wordpad to see if the information is there?

TPTB have been known to change the layout of the GPX files and if they have then GSAK wont find the correct information

Just tried that in Notepad and nope the entries for 27th on all caches listed are blank (not just my logs). I can see the bit with the username but the description bit is blank.

Bet it's something to do with the server being b*&£$ed lately. It took me nearly and hour to log 7 cache finds last night

Have you opened them in wordpad to see if the information is there?

TPTB have been known to change the layout of the GPX files and if they have then GSAK wont find the correct information

Just tried that in Notepad and nope the entries for 27th on all caches listed are blank (not just my logs). I can see the bit with the username but the description bit is blank.

Bet it's something to do with the server being b*&£$ed lately. It took me nearly and hour to log 7 cache finds last night

It's still knackered. My next PQ came through this morning and I'm still getting just the cachers name and the date (thats all logs for 27th & 28th now).

Still the same for me today too ;)

This has been raised on the GSAK Forum and Clyde seems to think it's a GC.com problem. It's also been raised on the Groundspeak Website Forum but so far there's been no reply from TPTB :huh:

In case they're reading this (as I'm sure they do) I'll add my voice...

PQs downloaded today (29th) have abbreviated logs for 27th, 28th and 29th

PQs d/l ed yesterday (28th) have abbreviated logs for 27th and 28th, and for some on the 26th

PQs d/l ed on 27th have abbreviated logs for 27th and some of 26th.

So it looks like whatever the problem is arose sometime on Sunday... wasn;t that when we were having all the server problems??? :lol:

Dave

This was posted on the other thread. Hopefully it will work again soon. I now have 3 days of blank entries :unsure:

We're aware of the problem. The Readonly database for some reason started dropping the note field in the database so the pocket queries aren't generating the contents for more recent log entries. We'll have to bring the readonly databases down to fix the issue which means a midnight pacific job. We'll have it fixed in the next 2 days.