Getting My 2nd One Put Out

wandat24

OK, I had one put in this little town I live in that a couple cachers found (4) but the last two didn't put on the site they had. Well, I always checked to be sure it was covered back up after the first two found it and planned on it every time. Well, it didn't get covered back up and was found by 2 boys in town..... I'm sure you know what happened.... Anywho....

Ok, I'm working on a cache that's going to be a tribute to Johnny Cash, cause of what he did for this small town. (I realize locals read these and not too worried about the spoilers I'm fixing to put in)

http://www.geocities.com/potatochippers/Onepiecestory.html for more information. *** I am not sure, as of yet how much truth is in the online story.*** I am going to spend the next couple days/weeks finding out. I am going to include the story in the cache. Okay, the location I'm going to put it is a public place (in the works of getting it OK'd... I think it's actually private property... in a way... it's a stockyard). Keeping in mind it's going to be OK'd (HIGH hopes :) ) this is my thoughts of hiding it. I'm going to get one of the 120 mm ammo cans (or a flat one of any size really). I have ALOT of extra sand stone laying around my house (I have 8 fish tanks I use them for caves and such lol). I'm going to take 4-5 pieces of the larger ones and place them beside the barn, and leave them for a week, so the Farmers will be use to them being there. Then place the cache under them, and make it where it can't be seen. Would any of you have a problem of having to replace the rocks, as are? I'm also going to be sure to have it on the less busy side of it. There are sales every Thursdays so I'm going to put it would be best not to do it on a Thursday. There's also a small cafe inside the barn that's open daily (well atlest Mon-Sat).

For a FTF prize I'm going to include a copy (either CD or tape, not sure which yet, inputs welcome on that) of Johnny Cash's "Walk the Line". Wish I could afford to put the movie, but anywho.... I'm also going to use a sharpie to put the cords to a house he owned a bit outside of town (heard his brother now owns it, but not sure). For those who would be interested in seeing it. I'm going to try really hard get ahold of a few more things of him to include for trade, but am not going to be picky to where if you trade it has to be a Johnny Cash item.... some of those are fun (themed ones) but some aren't. Any ideas of neat stuff?

There will of course be regular trade items included as well. When I place the cache I'm going to let the couple that runs the cafe know one is there, the owner of the land know, the mayor know, and probably the local law enforcement. Just to make sure, ya know?

Anyways let me know your thoughts on all this, please. Any suggestions on how to place it is welcomed as well. I will take the cache it self to those I'm letting know it's there, so they know what it looks like.

Also, would it be inappropriate to have a combo lock on it? As long as I make sure the combo to get it open is in the page? This way it won't be as easy to get open for those who aren't cachers.

Thanks in advance

Wanda

That's quite a "project" you have cooking. Go for it!

As long as the rocks are not too heavy, cachers shouldn't have a problem. It might be something new out there, but here in southern California, most ammo cans are covered with rocks; all five of my ammo can hides are set up this way.

A lock shouldn't be a problem as you plan to post the combo on the webpage. I've seen ammo boxes locked to a nearby tree or post so muggle/looters don't take the ammo can away.

Good luck; hope it turns out well.

That's quite a "project" you have cooking. Go for it!

As long as the rocks are not too heavy, cachers shouldn't have a problem. It might be something new out there, but here in southern California, most ammo cans are covered with rocks; all five of my ammo can hides are set up this way.

A lock shouldn't be a problem as you plan to post the combo on the webpage. I've seen ammo boxes locked to a nearby tree or post so muggle/looters don't take the ammo can away.

Good luck; hope it turns out well.

Thank you. I don't think the rocks will too bad. I plan on making it where there's only one that has to be moved... well wait may make it two smaller ones so they don't wiegh alot. Gotta see how it turns out lol. I had been thinking about if htey'd be too heavy. So far I haven't found alot of caches, and only two where ammo cans (that I remember) and they where covered, but not by rocks. i'm really excited about getting this done. I should have all I need soon, and will be ready to present it to the owner of the yards and the mayor.

OK, I had one put in this little town I live in that a couple cachers found (4) but the last two didn't put on the site they had. Well, I always checked to be sure it was covered back up after the first two found it and planned on it every time. Well, it didn't get covered back up and was found by 2 boys in town..... I'm sure you know what happened.... Anywho....

Ok, I'm working on a cache that's going to be a tribute to Johnny Cash, cause of what he did for this small town. (I realize locals read these and not too worried about the spoilers I'm fixing to put in)

http://www.geocities.com/potatochippers/Onepiecestory.html for more information. *** I am not sure, as of yet how much truth is in the online story.*** I am going to spend the next couple days/weeks finding out. I am going to include the story in the cache. Okay, the location I'm going to put it is a public place (in the works of getting it OK'd... I think it's actually private property... in a way... it's a stockyard). Keeping in mind it's going to be OK'd (HIGH hopes :huh: ) this is my thoughts of hiding it. I'm going to get one of the 120 mm ammo cans (or a flat one of any size really). I have ALOT of extra sand stone laying around my house (I have 8 fish tanks I use them for caves and such lol). I'm going to take 4-5 pieces of the larger ones and place them beside the barn, and leave them for a week, so the Farmers will be use to them being there. Then place the cache under them, and make it where it can't be seen. Would any of you have a problem of having to replace the rocks, as are? I'm also going to be sure to have it on the less busy side of it. There are sales every Thursdays so I'm going to put it would be best not to do it on a Thursday. There's also a small cafe inside the barn that's open daily (well atlest Mon-Sat).

For a FTF prize I'm going to include a copy (either CD or tape, not sure which yet, inputs welcome on that) of Johnny Cash's "Walk the Line". Wish I could afford to put the movie, but anywho.... I'm also going to use a sharpie to put the cords to a house he owned a bit outside of town (heard his brother now owns it, but not sure). For those who would be interested in seeing it. I'm going to try really hard get ahold of a few more things of him to include for trade, but am not going to be picky to where if you trade it has to be a Johnny Cash item.... some of those are fun (themed ones) but some aren't. Any ideas of neat stuff?

There will of course be regular trade items included as well. When I place the cache I'm going to let the couple that runs the cafe know one is there, the owner of the land know, the mayor know, and probably the local law enforcement. Just to make sure, ya know?

Anyways let me know your thoughts on all this, please. Any suggestions on how to place it is welcomed as well. I will take the cache it self to those I'm letting know it's there, so they know what it looks like.

Also, would it be inappropriate to have a combo lock on it? As long as I make sure the combo to get it open is in the page? This way it won't be as easy to get open for those who aren't cachers.

Thanks in advance

Wanda

I know of one cache near by me that has a combo lock on it. It works fine. But your cache will be hidden, whereas this one is a "plain sight" hide. You see it and it just looks like another grey box that probably contains pipes or wires or something, so you leave it alone.

Your cache will be well hidden. I'm concerned that if a muggle does find it, they will be even more intrigued by the lock, and they might take it and bust it open...

Just a thought.