Geocaching.com

An Error Has Occured

The type initializer for "Groundspeak.Web.CustomWpt.Geocache" threw an exception.

I have tried to get on the site a few times this morning and all I get is the above message

Anyone else having problems getting onto geocaching.com?

Snap!

"The type initializer for "Groundspeak.Web.CustomWpt.Geocache" threw an exception."

And it's not even Sunday. I had hoped to do some caching today but I guess that might not be happening now... :rolleyes:

At least its not just me!!

Its chucking it down here at the moment so do not have this desire to go caching and I dont cache on my own but I was looking for some caches to do this weekend.

I guess we'll get the usual "oh the server fell over again" excuse. :)

Well there is a lot of mud around at this time of year! :)

Yeah someone picked it up again!!

So grab your wellies and get out caching, Im staying in the warm....and on my feet :)

Edited by lollybob

Snap!

"The type initializer for "Groundspeak.Web.CustomWpt.Geocache" threw an exception."

And it's not even Sunday. I had hoped to do some caching today but I guess that might not be happening now... :unsure:

At least its not just me!!

Its chucking it down here at the moment so do not have this desire to go caching and I dont cache on my own but I was looking for some caches to do this weekend.

well 'lollybob' you can go do one of mine .....seeing i found one of yours today [sunday] :)

B. B)

I've been trying to log a TB find since yesterday and still not managed it - I got the log (after about 10 attempts) but it's not moved the TB from the cache into my inventory. Frustrating to say the least.

Trying to log my finds, and its sooooooooooooooooooooooo slow :)

I'm so glad I pay to support this site. :unsure:

:tired::huh:;) Seems to me most nights are the same now,took a couple of attempts to log this and getting into your home page takes about five mins.

Its sooooooooo slow!!! :o;)

From what I understand, the server problems are due to the servers all being in Seattle, and the slow-down occurs when the US gets on-line. At least we have the morning and early afternoon of relative speed. Image how frustrating it is in the states where it will be slow all day every day except the middle of the night!

:tired::huh:;) Seems to me most nights are the same now,took a couple of attempts to log this and getting into your home page takes about five mins.

Its sooooooooo slow!!! :o;)

From what I understand, the server problems are due to the servers all being in Seattle, and the slow-down occurs when the US gets on-line. At least we have the morning and early afternoon of relative speed. Image how frustrating it is in the states where it will be slow all day every day except the middle of the night!

yeah, at 3:30 in the morning it's the middle of the day in America!

It's mainly just slow on Friday night and the weekends, not all the time. I just did some logs this morning (Monday) and it wasn't bad at all.

like i said in the other thread now they are running a commercial cache they could raise money to buy themselves a decent server! :)

As I've commented on the "commercial cache" thread - the speed this thing runs at sometimes is dreadful.

If a web based business had this sort of speed and number of "busy server" responses it would be calling in the receivers soon.

This is getting beyond a joke. I've just been out to bag 2 new FTF's before breakfast and am trying to log them but get the following error now:

"Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached."

Are TPTB actively doing something to stop this happening so often?

Its not as if the pattern of usage is unpredictable. It always happens at the same time, its ok TPTB saying things are happening behind the scenes, but we actually need to see some proof this side of the fence. I know its going to take a bit of time to fix, but surely a quick fix can be put in place for the short term?

:) Perhaps if we all mail Jeremy at once he may listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems to have got steadily worse over the last week though and still getting slower by the day,seem to get more timeouts than cache pages now!! :):(

Edited to say mail has been sent and waiting response..

Edited by davy boy