Premier Geocoin Race

res2100

will be entering the race as soon as I get the one coin I ordered in the mail. there was a snafu on the coin I want to enter. :P lol it was supposed to be shipped out the begining of the month. :D contacted them again and they shipping it out to me this week. ;)

fingers crossed it in the mailbox at home on the 17th. :P

I don't remember this so could you answer it for me.

Are you putting any type of card or sheet with these coins that tell people its in a race or do we need to make one to send with our coin?

I will try to get mine out saturday if I get a reply to this.

Thanks

Shilo

I don't remember this so could you answer it for me.

Are you putting any type of card or sheet with these coins that tell people its in a race or do we need to make one to send with our coin?

Yes I will be including an information card with each of the coins. See my post from April 11th for what is on the card.

So far it's moving along nicely. There are 90 coins that people said they would enter and about 20 different items/coins for prizes. I've received over 30 coins already for the race and 5 prizes. The race will start on May 13th, which is just 22 days away. Late entrants will be accepted too. I wonder if we can make it up to 100 entrants for the race...for anyone who wants to join still, it's not too late and if you were planning on sending out coins into the world, might as well enter them in the race and the chance to win some prizes.

Race page can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/geocoinrace/race.htm

When does the race end?

After discussing this with several people, we all agreed the race should go on for 1 year, so as to give the coins enough time to do plenty of travelling. So the race end date will be on May 13th, 2007. The winners will be announced shortly after that.

Race page has been updated to reflect the ending date and added some more racers...93 in total now so far.

http://www.geocities.com/geocoinrace/race.htm

My Geo race coin went out in the mail today along with the prize coin I said I would donate :huh:

I added a short note on a card to go along with the one you are going to add.

Here is the link to my so far incomplete coin page. I'll work on it before the start of the race :ph34r:

Shilo

If any one wants to add a link to the race page from their geocoin page you can use this code:

<a href=http://www.geocities.com/geocoinrace/race.htm>Check out the race page to see what place this geocoin is in.</a>

Just copy and paste everything in the above code box to you coin page. It will look like this:

Check out the race page to see what place this geocoin is in.

Thanks! I will make use of it, hummm three coins hey POS? I'm at a dissanvantage with my single. :ph34r: Good luck!

I think there should be something on the Race page that a person can only move the coin once before picking it up again.

This may help keep one person taking a coin and basically being the only one to move it.

It will also help IMO the chances of more people actually being able to move the coins along.

I think there should be something on the Race page that a person can only move the coin once before picking it up again.

Agreed. I hope that the coins in this race will see some proper logging happening the way I think it should work. I hate when people go with others to a cache and hand off a coin or TB to them and then log it into the cache, when in reality it was never placed in the cache.

Just finished adding some rules to the race page on how the race works and what people that find the coins should/shouldn't do and how each of the prize categories will be ranked.

98 coins entered so far and just under half of them have been received. Just 2.5 weeks away now from the start of the race.

So do we drop our coins in the Toronto event or will you grab them from us and do it yourself?

No, don't do any dropping of the coins into the event or any logging of the coins. I'll take care of making sure it is put on the event page.

...12 days to go...

Start sending your coins in if you haven't already.

Well I'm starting to be a bit worried, the Toronto coins are still not in from the minters and there are 16 of them in the race, including one for my racer. :wacko:

They were shipped by the manufacturer on Thursday so just waiting for them to arrive. Should be here today or tomorrow, in plenty of time for the race.

For those that haven't sent in their coins yet or haven't let me know that they are entering (ie, your name is not on the racer list), nows the time. The box of racers is getting quite heavy and so is the prizes. :laughing:

Just a quick update...

I have 82 coins for the race in my possession already, including the Toronto coins which arrived today (I'll send out the tracking/activation codes tonight or tomorrow for those that are entering the Toronto coins so you can get your coin page ready).

List of racers has also been updated.

I'll try to take a group picture of all the coins that are entered. I'll be preparing the coins over the next few days.

...5 days to go.

Just a quick update...

I have 82 coins for the race in my possession already, including the Toronto coins which arrived today (I'll send out the tracking/activation codes tonight or tomorrow for those that are entering the Toronto coins so you can get your coin page ready).

List of racers has also been updated.

I'll try to take a group picture of all the coins that are entered. I'll be preparing the coins over the next few days.

...5 days to go.

Thanks Res, great job!

Ha, ah! The numbers are in, the coins are ready, and my racer is roaring to go!!!!

Speed Demon

<_<

Good Luck AVD! You may have a big tough speed demon, but you better watch out for my pretty sweet innocent little girls, they just might stomp your monster....<_<

No really, all in fun....Good Luck to Everyone! The race starts in just a 2 days!

My coin is so blah...and I'm sad that my Acorn's didn't make it in time to race...

You can still enter your Acorn coins in the race, it just means they will be starting a bit later.

I will be closing this thread once the actual race has started, and creating a new thread to talk about the race and post the progress...and of course for people to boast on how far in the lead they are (or aren't:P).

This bag of coins sure is getting heavy... <_<

I have deposited the 90 geocoin racers that I have received in front of the 9am starting line of the event. There will be some late entrants too, so the total racers will be around 100.

Now to put a watch on all of the racers. They all have a custom race card attached to each of them too. Everything is pretty much ready to go.

Here is an official press photo from the pre-race planning session that the current 90 participants are taking part in. I can overhear them discussing a lot of strategy. :o

geocoins.jpg

...next update will probably be late Sunday evening or Monday.

...let the race begin!!!

Thanks for organizing this race! :)

I second this!! Great job and thanks for doing this. This ought to be better than the TB race :o

I have close to 200 e-mails...maybe I should have watched these coins after today :ph34r:

Good luck to all and this should be fun for the next year!!