Mass Adoption!

Hi all. As you may or may not have noticed I have not been doing much caching recently, mostly due to Work and lack of enthusiasm, I suppose I hit the wall pharisee once spoke about. Any howz, without going into that too much I have decided it's time to dispose of a lot of my caches because I don't feel it's fair for them to be floating around when I don't have the time to care for them any more.

I have archived some of my caches which I feel offer very little to visitors and plan on keeping a small amount which are close to my heart either because they have centimental value or took a lot of work putting together. Pid aleady has a load under his belt and therefore doesnt want to take on any of ours which were under both our names but kept on my account, this is fair enough because we always said we would take care of the caches in our own accounts.

Therefore, I would like to put the following caches up for adoption! Please mention below if you are interested in taking on any of the caches below and perhaps the UK mods would be good enough to get the ball rolling on moving them to different accounts.

Thanks to everyone who visited the caches!

Burnt at the Stake - A multi in amersham with a grusome tail behind it and a nice monument for visitors to check out

Cross Country - An impressive monument located on the ridgeway path near Wantage

Fortified Flora - A park in Gerrards Cross with interesting walls built in trees!?!

A ishops Affliction - Interesting Ghost story multi set in Fingest near Wycombe

Remaining Ruins 1 - Remains of a church set down a footpath not far from northchurch and tring

Entology - I adopted this so it would be good to see this one in ashridge go to a good home, Alibags?

Tim & Jons First - I brought this one back from being archived because it held good memories for me and pid, set in ashridge.

Whiteleaf Cross - Stunning Views and the site of a huge chalk cross on the hillside overlooking Princess Risborough

Gravity Hill - Interesting spot where your car rolls up hill, or does it?!? very close to tring and Halton.

The Witches Stone - Set in speen, the resting place of a highwayman, with or maybe local woman, haunted apparently?!?

Creepy Graveyard - One of the first 'get the numbers off the gravestone' caches. Great spot in Ellesborough.

SleepingSaints - A well which apparently rested the body of a saint on her way home after death to her birth place in Bierton

Treasure Map Mystery - Caching without coords here with the use of a treasure map in Ashridge

Three Counties Peak - The highest point in Beds

Rural Decay - Some stunning landscape at an old Quarry not far from Leighton Buzzard

Three Locks - Cache by the locks close to Soulbury and Stoke Hammond

Blackpools first cache - Found by J Stead after the coords were lost this has a place in a few cachers hearts, I would be honoured if the man himself would take this one on!

Penns Missing Monument - It pains me to let this go but oh well! Great location in Penn

Pit stop charity cache - One of the very first charity caches which are now banned, it's raised loads of money for good causes, lets hope it can continue to!

Tims no 2 - Alsobrough back from archival, this is set in ashridge and uses steps and compass work to find the stash

Phantoms of cryers hill - Ghost stories in the area around wycombe, I think Pid does want this one, so first dibs to him.

Masquerade - This is set at the resting place of the treasure from the book masquerade. Very very close to one of Pharisee's, you want it you got it!

Overlooking his manors - A nice monument high on the hills around Wycombe

Remaining Ruins Two - Cache using grid reference, a bit different but a good laugh!

Hidden Remains - Another it pains me to give up, a disused pumping station and disused church down a long forgotten footpath!

* personal note to SP, can you take on the two punters caches...

Apologies if this post is a little long winded, unfortunatly so was my cache list!

Any caches which are not claimed will be archived and removed. Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help out!

Dan.

I've been talking about this with Dan via email - he's not really hanging up his GPS, he just doesn't feel he can give the sport as much time as 60+ hidden caches demands, and will be back in the hunting saddle from time to time. I'd like to publicly think Dan for getting me into caching in the first place by replying to an email from me about his Christmas Countdown cache - He's done masses to get caching established in the UK and the quality of his caches in and around Bucks set a high standard for others, myself included, to aim at. Thanks mate!

Thanks for the two Punter's caches too Dan. I need to revisit no.2 to replace it so it'll make sense to check the two others too.

From your list I'd also like to suggest:

Burnt at the Stake - A multi in amersham with a grusome tail behind it and a nice monument for visitors to check out

Sensei was telling me how much he liked this one the other day so if he doesn't want it, I'd like it as I thought it was a great/horrible story, a good hide and I was the FTF on it :blink:

Cross Country - An impressive monument located on the ridgeway path near Wantage Too far from me, but I hope someone else likes the sound of it

Fortified Flora - A park in Gerrards Cross with interesting walls built in trees!?! Close to a Sensei cache maybe, so he might be interested

A Bishops Affliction - Interesting Ghost story multi set in Fingest near Wycombe I'd like this one please!

Remaining Ruins 1 - Remains of a church set down a footpath not far from northchurch and tring For someone else, but it's a fine cache

Entology - I adopted this so it would be good to see this one in ashridge go to a good home, Alibags? Yeah, Alibags for this one. Good cache

Tim & Jons First - I brought this one back from being archived because it held good memories for me and pid, set in ashridge. Took me a while to find, but in a great area. I'd like to adopt this one (and Mk2) please

Whiteleaf Cross - Stunning Views and the site of a huge chalk cross on the hillside overlooking Princess Risborough And this one as it's a perfect place for a cache and I'd hate to see this one archived

Gravity Hill - Interesting spot where your car rolls up hill, or does it?!? very close to tring and Halton. I'd love this one too, but I'm feeling too greedy. If there are no other takers I'd be very happy to take it on.

The Witches Stone - Set in speen, the resting place of a highwayman, with or maybe local woman, haunted apparently?!? Bit too random for me, but a nice walk

Creepy Graveyard - One of the first 'get the numbers off the gravestone' caches. Great spot in Ellesborough. A great location, but I'm moving away from caches in 'this environment' myself, so one for someone else

SleepingSaints - A well which apparently rested the body of a saint on her way home after death to her birth place in Bierton

Treasure Map Mystery - Caching without coords here with the use of a treasure map in Ashridge

Three Counties Peak - The highest point in Beds

Rural Decay - Some stunning landscape at an old Quarry not far from Leighton Buzzard

Blackpools first cache - Found by J Stead after the coords were lost this has a place in a few cachers hearts, I would be honoured if the man himself would take this one on! Bit too far for me, lol! I hope JS wants it too. If not, wasn't it the first that Seasider found? Is he still an active cacher?

Penns Missing Monument - It pains me to let this go but oh well! Great location in Penn Never found this :rolleyes:

Pit stop charity cache - One of the very first charity caches which are now banned, it's raised loads of money for good causes, lets hope it can continue to! Alibags/Bekandian area? If no one else would like it, I'd be happy to take it on

Tims no 2 - Alsobrough back from archival, this is set in ashridge and uses steps and compass work to find the stash Yes please, to go with Pt1

Phantoms of cryers hill - Ghost stories in the area around wycombe, I think Pid does want this one, so first dibs to him.

Masquerade - This is set at the resting place of the treasure from the book masquerade. Very very close to one of Pharisee's, you want it you got it!

Overlooking his manors - A nice monument high on the hills around Wycombe Loved this one - Me please!

Remaining Ruins Two - Cache using grid reference, a bit different but a good laugh! Not found this one, but I hope someone else loves it

Hidden Remains - Another it pains me to give up, a disused pumping station and disused church down a long forgotten footpath! I'd like to see this one go on, so if no one else wants it, I'd like to take it over

Edit for speeling

Edited by Simply Paul

Sorry to hear you've "hit the wall" Dan but thanks for taking a very responsible approach to your old caches. You'll be sorely missed :rolleyes:

However you can carry out your own adoptions, you don't need our help. Just got to www.geocache.co.uk/adopt and follow the instructions from there.

Good luck in whatever you do from here on. :blink:

Hi Dan.

I'd be pleased to take Penn's Missing Monument off you - I pass it every day on my way home from work.

I'd like Overlooking his Manors as it was my first ever cache find. I've just noticed that SP wants this one. He can have it.

I'll also take Phantoms of Cryers Hill if Pid doesn't want it.

I live near Pitstop charity cache (although I DNFd it), so I'll have that unless anyone else especially wants it.

You can have them back if you decide to come back into the mainstream. Meanwhile, thanks for setting so many excellent caches around here.

edits cos I should read what others have written before replying

Edited by NickPick

Yeah, I will take on 'Entology', 'Gravity Hill' and 'Treasure map mystery'

Never really understood the treasure map I admit... but I got there in the end! :)

Oh, and as I can add it to my Canal series, I will have Three locks too... but I guess I will have to go and find it first!

Edited by Alibags

I have emailed you Dan and am willing to take over these as they are near to my home or caches.

Close to 3 of mine and I loved it.

Fortified Flora - A park in Gerrards Cross with interesting walls built in trees!?!

In same camp as my Switch

Remaining Ruins 1 - Remains of a church set down a footpath not far from northchurch and tring

Close to home

Gravity Hill - Interesting spot where your car rolls up hill, or does it?!? very close to tring and Halton.

Even closer to home and so much fun. One of my faves!

Creepy Graveyard - One of the first 'get the numbers off the gravestone' caches. Great spot in Ellesborough.

As close as above

Close to my caches and dojo

En route to MK dojo

Penns Missing Monument - It pains me to let this go but oh well! Great location in Penn

Near my Switch cache

Remaining Ruins Two - Cache using grid reference, a bit different but a good laugh!

Near 2 of my caches other 122 and Top & Bottom.

Hidden Remains - Another it pains me to give up, a disused pumping station and disused church down a long forgotten footpath!

Pass it everyday en route to Winslow and Buckingham dojos!

Oss!

Edited to make it look nice!

Edited by Sensei TSKC

We'd be happy to help (we're about to set up our first few anyway so a couple extra wouldn't harm) (oops - should point out we are in LB and I work in Hemel so anywhere in between is good)

We were disappointed to see Highs and Lows disappear.... although there were a couple of others nearby, one of them was impossible to find and the other was a micro. It also made the "3 peaks challenge".

Edited by SSC&B

Hello again! :) well thanks to the people who replied and offered to take on the caches, thats a really kind gesture which I appreciate, and thanks for the kind words too ahh your going to make me cry...

I have now had offers on all but three caches, these being:

Cross Country in Radnage

The Witches Stone in Speen and

Creepy Graveyard, which I think I will hang on to after all, a lot of centimental value!

Any takers for the other two???

There may have to be ome fisticuffs at dawn over some of these so if you chat amoungst yourselves about who gets what I would appreciate it. For certain caches I have given them to certain person because of a good reason which I'll state below! So...

Burnt at the Stake - Sensei or Simply Paul (fight fight fight)

Three Locks - Alibags or Sensei (handbags at dawn)

Overlooking his manors - Nick Pick or Simply Paul (cage rage)

Hidden Remains - Simply Paul or Sensei (sort it down the dojo)

Fortified Flora - Sensei

A Bishops Affliction - Simply Paul

Remaining Ruins 1&2 - Sensei

Entology - Alibags (She has looked after this on past occasions, thanks!)

Tim & Jons 1&2 - Simply Paul

Whiteleaf Cross - Bek & Ian (They asked especially for this one, no probs!)

Gravity Hill - Simply Paul (He told me the correct location after a blunder so fairs fair!)

Sleeping Saints - Sensei

Treasure Map Mystery - Alibags

Three Counties Peak - Beds Clangers

Rural Decay - Beds Clangers

Masquerade - Beds Clangers

Blackpools First Cache - J Stead (You made it possible!)

Penns Missing Monument - Nick Pick

Phantoms of Cryers Hill - P.I.D.D.I

Pit Stop Charity cache - Nick Pick (To make numbers fair!)

If the people stated above are completely happy with that please post that you are and i'll do the business (cheers for pointing me in the right direction Peter!)

* Rubber Chicken - Forgotten souls is not going anywhere don't you worry, I will still take care of 5-10 caches which I love to bits, the Ring for instance, thats going to the grave with me :) your welcome to take on Mandeville picture hunt but to be honest i'm sure you could plant a better one of your own around there, it was only a 10 min job put together for the first bucks meet!

Cheers me dears, Dan. :)

I want to strike the first blow in the handbag fight with Sensie then, over "Three Locks". It's on the Grand Union canal, and I am gradually building up a series [quick Gucci to the knee caps] and he has got more caches in the divvy than me [roundhouse to the head with a Louis Vitton].

and I have also maintained Treasure map mystery and Gravity Hill and Creepy Graveyard in the past as well as Entology, so I think I deserve it! [a sneaky blow from a Kipling backpack to finish him off]

We'll happily take on Cross Country if you like, unless someone a little nearer would like it. a great spot on the Ridgeway.

Hope we still see you about at the odd bash, and Sue says sorry about the tent :) , and promises to leave it alone in the future.

Provided you're not too noisy :)

Cheers Dan! To echo Bekandian, I'll look after your caches, not archive them unless forced to and to put them up for adoption if I get bored of them rather than killing them off. And if you ever want them back, just ask :)

Now,

Burnt at the Stake - Sensei or Simply Paul (fight fight fight) Easy one: Sensei can have it, as per my original post.

Three Locks - Alibags or Sensei (handbags at dawn) Sorted - Sensei passes to Alibags, Alibags shoots and scores!

Overlooking his manors - Nick Pick or Simply Paul (cage rage) Since Nick's happy with The Witches Stone, I'd still like this one

Hidden Remains - Simply Paul or Sensei (sort it down the dojo) One for Sensei

Fortified Flora - Sensei Well done mate, it's a great location

A Bishops Affliction - Simply Paul Excellent! Thank's Dan

Remaining Ruins 1&2 - Sensei Dan's spoiling you. Is it because you're quite scary? :)

Entology - Alibags (She has looked after this on past occasions, thanks!) Very fair - Well Done Ali

Tim & Jons 1&2 - Simply Paul Cool - very glad to get these two

Whiteleaf Cross - Bek & Ian (They asked especially for this one, no probs!) Well, they *do* live on the Ridgeway!

Gravity Hill - Simply Paul (He told me the correct location after a blunder so fairs fair!) Hooray for me :)

Sleeping Saints - Sensei Good good

Treasure Map Mystery - Alibags Congratulations Ali, I know you like Ashridge and this is one of the most fun ones up there

Three Counties Peak - Beds Clangers Well done guys

Rural Decay - Beds Clangers Ditto

Masquerade - Beds Clangers Ditto

Blackpools First Cache - J Stead (You made it possible!) Or not...?

Penns Missing Monument - Nick Pick I'll have to go looking for this

Phantoms of Cryers Hill - P.I.D.D.I Well Done Ms Bear :)

Pit Stop Charity cache - Nick Pick (To make numbers fair!) If you need some help Nick, I was with Dan when he moved it to its new place, so just ask

Nice one!

WOW ... it's almost a cache garage sale!! ... only none are for sale ... and there's not a garage in sight!! :huh::huh:

Would have willingly took Rural and 3 Counties off your hands but Nick got in there well before us! Be warned Nick ... plans are afoot for some fun n games around the Rural Decay area in the (not to distant) future ... :huh::D

Hope we'll still see you out and about Dan. All the best M and M.

Righty then! I have now put requests in for all the caches, I think (there were a lot of them!) I will check my list in a couple of days to check all have gone!) sorry, 1 minor change of plans, I decided to keep Hidden Remains, It got to be one of the best places in the whole county and I just realised, sorry Sensei.

Pid, as I have already sent you a request for phantoms you now need to adopt and pass on to Rozy as it wont let me do anything with it.

Thanks again everyone for your help in this! and also to all those who sent requests after I had handed them out who unfortunatly were too late.

One tiny request, please don't delete the background music on the cache pages, it's just all so good :huh:

Thanks, Dan.