Converting Utm File To Lat/lon File

Question, Why don't they make UTM grid not based on meter but on miles, yards, feet, inches or at least furlong, rod, perch ! :):):)

Some older maps did report them in other units. But the standard for quite a while has been meters. It may have been the USGS that first adopted the metric standard for maps here in the USA. But, be thankful that most everyone has adopted the WGS84 (NAD83) datum.

I have several hundred UTM coordinates in an ascii file that I would like to convert to lat/lon.

I have found several little utility pgms that convert one at a time, but I want to specify an input file and get an output file of lat/lon.

Any ideas?

Did you try WAYPOINTSWORKBENCH ? It is an

« An Excel Spreadsheet that converts Waypoint information & files. Highlights are: * Enter 1000s of coordinates in up to 5 formats and convert them or export them in 1 go. * Use it to open a Geocaching.com multicache page or GPX file and »WaypointWorkbench on Keen people

Did you try WAYPOINTSWORKBENCH ? It is an

« An Excel Spreadsheet that converts Waypoint information & files. Highlights are: * Enter 1000s of coordinates in up to 5 formats and convert them or export them in 1 go. * Use it to open a Geocaching.com multicache page or GPX file and »WaypointWorkbench on Keen people

I've tried several. I think this one is the easiest and best.

http://crunch.tec.army.mil/software/corpscon/corpscon.html