Cache At Groundspeak Headquarters?

Looking at Google Earth, there appears to be a few caches not far from Groundspeak HQ. Queen Anne Qunadry being the closest to their listed address. It is not a tribute cache to Groundspeak.

If someone were so inclined to put in a tribute cache, it looks like it would end up being at least 2 blocks (the requisite .10 miles) away from the Groundspeak HQ.

WOW...How do you get an invite? That would be incredible!

I've got to get to the Original Stash as well and pay homage.

It says so on the page:

"There are two ways to obtain the coordinates for this cache: by special invitation or appointment using the contact address."

If you're planning on being in the neighborhood, you can make an appointment to stop in. As you can see on the page many people have.

His profile is a hoot. What a picture! :):)B)

I am glad you reported back whether it was him or not. Amazing story.

Just amazing how small a world this is. Back in the day all we talked about was guitar stuff and regular everyday things. Nothing remotely like geocaching (he had a lot of good ideas and things he was doing back then so if he mentioned it it was just a topic to talk about). He showed me a lot of cool things on guitar. Real cool guy and a hoot drunk.

The Groundspeak Headquarters puzzle cache is archived - why are finds allowed?

Isn't this cache prohibited under the commercial guidelines? :D

I've logged an archived cache. It was still there. ;)

Good call on the commercial guidlines. But just like mom and dad used to say, "because I said so". :lol:

I've logged an archived cache. It was still there. ;)

Good call on the commercial guidlines. But just like mom and dad used to say, "because I said so". :lol:

I'm sure they asked for an exception to the commercial guidelines and were granted one...

I've logged an archived cache. It was still there. :lol:

I'm sure they asked for an exception to the commercial guidelines and were granted one...

;)

Isn't this cache prohibited under the commercial guidelines? :mad:

If you're referring to the cache I *think* you're referring to, it wasn't a Groundspeak Headquarters cache. It was merely located near HQ. (Yes, there is actually a cache inside HQ) The archived cache was a masterpiece and if you missed it, you missed a true lesson in urban caching. I can tell you with absolute certainty, any logged finds will be deleted.

If you're *not* referring to that particular cache, then never mind. Nothing to see here. Move along.

If you're referring to the cache I *think* you're referring to, it wasn't a Groundspeak Headquarters cache. It was merely located near HQ. (Yes, there is actually a cache inside HQ) The archived cache was a masterpiece and if you missed it, you missed a true lesson in urban caching. I can tell you with absolute certainty, any logged finds will be deleted.

I think they are talking about the other cache, but the one you speak of was indeed a work of art. The lackeys had a great time heckling me as I was trying to figure it out. Last time I was there I expressed that I was sad to see it had been removed. It was a great one.

I think they are talking about the other cache, but the one you speak of was indeed a work of art. The lackeys had a great time heckling me as I was trying to figure it out. Last time I was there I expressed that I was sad to see it had been removed. It was a great one.

Oh, I forgot about that one. You're probably right!

Groundspeak Headquarters - also known as the "lily pad" - moved to the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle in October 2009. The Headquarters cache (GCK25B) is part of the "Triad" - one of the ultimate geocaching goals. To complete the Triad, geocachers must log the HQ cache, the original geocache location (GCGV0P) and the Project A.P.E. cache Mission 9: Tunnel of Light (GC1169).

Groundspeak Headquarters - also known as the "lily pad" - moved to the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle in October 2009. The Headquarters cache (GCK25B) is part of the "Triad" - one of the ultimate geocaching goals. To complete the Triad, geocachers must log the HQ cache, the original geocache location (GCGV0P) and the Project A.P.E. cache Mission 9: Tunnel of Light (GC1169).

Of course you won't ever be able to log the A.P.E cache. It has been archived for over a month.

Of course you won't ever be able to log the A.P.E cache. It has been archived for over a month.

Oops. But I have a funny feeling someone with 7 posts who doesn't follow the forums very much was planning on doing the Triad real soon. :o

To be fair, compared with how long this thread had been lying dormant, a month really isn't very much time at all.

Well, Hypno has finally had his tribute cache published. GC300N0

I think it replaces the A.P.E cache in the triad.