Category Proposal: Literary Sites

I haven't seen this one proposed yet. Literary Sites would be any place that's crucial to a certain literary work, but not necessarily the city the story was based in. "The Streetcar Named Desire" - you could waymark the actual streetcar. If there's a particular diner mentioned in a book, it could be waymarked. If there's a particular house, museum, park, etc. that's the backdrop for a literary work, it would qualify.

What do y'all think?

Would this just be for Non-Fiction or would that be an attribute for the category?

Non-Fiction

Fiction - Mystery, Western, Fantasy, Science Fiction, etc.

That could be a busy category :unsure:

I really like it though. It's fun to find books that reference your area.

I was thinking of fictional works, but non-fiction could also be included. I don't want cities themselves included, unless it's a small town. Let's face it, New York and Los Angeles are in a multitude of books, and I don't think I'd get the same feeling seeing a NY sign listed as I would seeing the ice cream shop from "The Way the Crow Flies" listed. Now if it were a NY deli that was mentioned in a literary work, that would be something to include.

I'm slightly confused about the inclusion of non-fiction, though. Does that mean a book about the American Revolution will lead to the Waymarking of all these American Revolution sites? Those would be better off in their own category, methinks. Anyway, I am pro-this category for fiction only.

I haven't seen this one proposed yet. Literary Sites would be any place that's crucial to a certain literary work, but not necessarily the city the story was based in. "The Streetcar Named Desire" - you could waymark the actual streetcar. If there's a particular diner mentioned in a book, it could be waymarked. If there's a particular house, museum, park, etc. that's the backdrop for a literary work, it would qualify.

What do y'all think?

I like it...do you want to start up a group?