Western New York Area

Strol

I'm about twenty miles South of Buffalo and was wondering if a club or folks that are into Geocaching in this area would be willing to adopt an Old Man for an outting or two... Watch for some New and Interesting Caches in the next couple weeks... New Blood, New Hunts!

Strol, you should come to the Geobash in Allegany State Park May 19th, 20th and 21st.

We will be starting off with a bonfire on the 19th and the main event on the 20th, with a dish-to-pass lunch and event caches and coins and t shirts and activities and lots of cachers for you to meet and link up with. The next morning, there will be a pancake and sausage breakfast held by the Allegany County (NY) Cacher's Association.

It'll be a hoot! Please come.

PS: Don't listen to Brogan...he IS evil...I've met him.

:blink:

Strol, you should come to the Geobash in Allegany State Park May 19th, 20th and 21st.

We will be starting off with a bonfire on the 19th and the main event on the 20th, with a dish-to-pass lunch and event caches and coins and t shirts and activities and lots of cachers for you to meet and link up with. The next morning, there will be a pancake and sausage breakfast held by the Allegany County (NY) Cacher's Association.

It'll be a hoot! Please come.

PS: Don't listen to Brogan...he IS evil...I've met him.

:ph34r:

It sounds likea Blast but I'll be getting back from Florida on the 9th of May and I don't think they will be too happy if I take more time off.. I retired twice and still didn't get it right... The Best that I can do this year is switch with another Mgr. on Sunday the 21st. so I can sneek off to Boston on the 20th. I wish some of these events were on Sundays... It's my day off...

Yeah, I agree with ATMouse - that Brogan guy is evil. :ph34r: The Allegheny Event will be a great time to meet all the local cachers, from the looks of it, a huge turnout is expected.

I wish I could but I'll have to wait till next year... I see your close... If you ever hunt any of my caches... Let me know and I'll give you a Home Ph. and stop by for a couple pops... Angola/Evans..... I'm setting up a test field in the back yard.. (I have the room) and a Good Cache (not no micro) across the Street.. Park at my place...

STROL

Yeah, I agree with ATMouse - that Brogan guy is evil. :ph34r: The Allegheny Event will be a great time to meet all the local cachers, from the looks of it, a huge turnout is expected.

I wish I could but I'll have to wait till next year... I see your close... If you ever hunt any of my caches... Let me know and I'll give you a Home Ph. and stop by for a couple pops... Angola/Evans..... I'm setting up a test field in the back yard.. (I have the room) and a Good Cache (not no micro) across the Street.. Park at my place...

STROL

Sure thing. :ph34r: I'll definately come down to the Angola area in the near future and find all those great hides.

New to caching and in the western new york area. Would love to find other cachers to introduce me into the game. I just bought a Etrex Legend and am still trying to figure it out. I haven't been on a treasure hunt yet, but I am looking forward to it very soon.

Any tricks to get me up and running would be appreciated.

There are two events coming up in Allegany State Park. You may want to attend these. It's a great way to meet fellow cachers.

Could you tell me about these events

One was this past weekend and a CITO event; the other is upcoming on May 19, 20 and 21. You can find out more about it by searching the geocaching.com website: search for Allegany State Park Geobash Caching Event. We'd love to have you come!

I'm about twenty miles South of Buffalo and was wondering if a club or folks that are into Geocaching in this area would be willing to adopt an Old Man for an outting or two... Watch for some New and Interesting Caches in the next couple weeks... New Blood, New Hunts!

I'm originally from Western NY, next time I head up that way, I'll let ya know, we'd love to cache up there!! Good luck and happy Caching!!

There are two events coming up in Allegany State Park. You may want to attend these. It's a great way to meet fellow cachers.

One was this past weekend and a CITO event; the other is upcoming on May 19, 20 and 21. You can find out more about it by searching the geocaching.com website: search for Allegany State Park Geobash Caching Event. We'd love to have you come!

Yes, the Allegheny bash is a big one. There is also an event on Saturday the 20th, at Boston Town Hall. It's a pancake breakfast, put on by a local Boy Scout Troop: 2nd annual Boston Breakfast Event Attendance will probably be severely curtailed by the Allegheny event, especially with many people camping for the whole weekend at Allegheny. But I for one, will be attending Boston only.

And here's a surprise, I just submitted a quickly thrown together event in Tonawanda on May 13th. Great way to meet all the Northtowns cachers. Keep an eye on zip code 14150.

Yes, the Allegheny bash is a big one. There is also an event on Saturday the 20th, at Boston Town Hall. It's a pancake breakfast, put on by a local Boy Scout Troop: 2nd annual Boston Breakfast Event Attendance will probably be severely curtailed by the Allegheny event, especially with many people camping for the whole weekend at Allegheny. But I for one, will be attending Boston only.

And here's a surprise, I just submitted a quickly thrown together event in Tonawanda on May 13th. Great way to meet all the Northtowns cachers. Keep an eye on zip code 14150.

I'm shooting for the Boston hunt this year... I have to work one day on the weekend and I think I'll pull the Sunday and take off Saturday... We'll see what happens!