Why Not Hide A Geocache Or Two?

Milbank

The only thing I try to do is make sure there is something appealing about the hiding place. it could be a nice walk, a secluded spot, good view, interesting historic site, or just a cool rock structure. Do this and I sincerely doubt anyone is going to flame you in the logs.

I'm an easy to please cacher. Throw a cache out in the woods even without something appealing and I'm enjoying the hike anyway. This is not to say that something appealing is not an added bonus, but not necessary in my cache hunt.

Edit: removed OT statement.

Edited by cachefamily

I was pensive at first as well. Then I went ahead and hid my first cache. I continued caching, and learned what I liked and didn't like about certain caches.

I figured out that most people don't like to walk a mile in the woods for a micro. So I changed one of those I had and made it a multi. It had a cool first stage and an ammo full of goodies. The logs indidcate everyone likes it.

You cache and you learn. Some people will never be happy. Forget them. 98% will appreciate most any cache you put out. If someone does comment about your cache, you can either learn from it or ignore it. Logs are also like email, the emotion or true thought behind what someone writes does not come across accurately.

Your first hide may suck. Your next one will be better. I believe they call it "experience". And there is only one way to get it.